Military 4 Part Sleeping Systems (ie Kick A** Sleeping Bags)- $125

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calilove1

Jeep & Camping Enthusiast
This is the real military surplus sleeping bag system built here in the US by Tennier Industries. Its like have 3 separate sleeping bags in one with options to use any part separately depending on weather or together to have a bag worthy of temperatures down to -30! The bags are used but in great shape. 40 Bags available and discount pricing available on orders of 3 or more! Cheaper than dirt just listed these on their site used at $199.00 to $229.00 and these are certaily the same quality as the $229 ones. US Cavalry has these listed at over $400 new. Get yours here from expedition portal and for a great price.
Stock Photo:
IMG_1058.JPG
ModularSleepSystem.jpg
Here's the official details: NSN: 8465-01-445-6274 (4-Part Modular Sleep System)

The 4-Part Modular Sleep System sleeping bags and other components are constructed to be used in conjunction with each other, or separately to complete an interoperable system known as the extreme cold weather sleeping bag. The MSS is designed to provide comfort in temperature ranging from 50ºF to -30ºF when wearing various layers of extreme cold weather clothing.

Green Patrol Bag
Temperatures to +30°, Reversible double-pull (opens end to end) slider allows top or bottom ventilation, Non-locking slide fastener self repairs if jammed or snagged, Draft flap prevents heat loss, Hood adjusts for heat retention; includes nylon drawcord and barrel lock. DIMENSIONS: 92" x 37"

Black Intermediate Bag
Temperatures to -10°, Free from cold spots, Insulation does not migrate in the bag, Anatomically designed foot box contains twice the insulation as the bag, Sewn-in, quilted chest collar prevents air drafts up and down through the hood, Hood adjusts for heat retention; includes nylon drawcord and barrel lock. DIMENSIONS: 87" x 35.5"

Woodland Camouflage Waterproof Bivy Cover
Made from waterproof, moisture-vapor-permeable material with all seams heat sealed, Includes snap fastener and slide fastener. DIMENSIONS: 85" x 28" x 35"

Black Stuff Sack
Constructed of water resistant materials, Compressible to one cubic foot, Six 1"-wide nylon webbing straps adjust by ladderlock buckles, Reinforcement webbing is sewn around the circumference of the bag, Nylon drawcord closure with a barrel lock. DIMENSIONS: 30" x 14"

Tags: Sleeping bags, Military, Military Surplus, Sleep System, Bivy, Patrol Bag, Cold Weather Bag, Camping, Hiking, Survival, Authentic Military, Bug out Bag

Discount available when purchasing 4 or more sleep systems so just ask.

Call me with any questions: Troy 949-275-8097

Actual Photos: I have over 40 of these sleep systems and all vary slightly in condition. All are in very good shape some just happen to be perfect. If you are local you are welcome to come by and pick out your specific parts or if you want a system mailed out I can take photos of the bags you are getting so you can approve them before I ship them out. Shipping at buyers expense but I won't be charging a handling fee.

bump.... i own two of these bags and for those of you who camp in the high country, you will be very suprised how warm and light this bag is. we woke up to 28 degrees and in the middle of the night and had to REMOVE the black liner. excellent quality and compaction size/weight.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Another +1 to these bags.
I never use the Bivy and they are very warm bags. Great doubled up, and kind of cool you have two bags with you if needed.
Another plus is the stuff sack is huge, so you can store the bags very loose / uncompressed and then crank down all the straps for transporting.
A very nice 'system'.

Calilove1

Jrose- thanks for your purchase. Shipment just got dropped off at UPS so you should get it early next week.

D

Deleted member 9101

Use one when I camp on the bike...warm, waterproof, and comfortable!

Calilove1

Thanks guys for your orders and for sharing your experiences with these bags. Here's another story that was shared with me and I thought appropriate to share with all of you:

"Yup, that is the same setup we are issued and is chilling in my locker down in Carson City.

We used them during basic training in SC in February.

We were on a 5 day exercise and it rainded everyday and was below freezing.

My buddy and I had to pull security the first night of the trip and had to keep watch in the rain for quite a few hours.

It was miserable until I got to jump in my sleeping bag.

Once in the bag, life was great and the 3 bag setup kept me dry and warm even when my tent had holes in it and was nice and wet for the rest of the exercise.

These bags are not light, don't compact down to a small size but they flat out work."

I love the stories... Please feel free to keep sharing!
Thx,
Troy

overactor

Observer
I have feel asleep and woke up under a foot or more of snow and didnt feel a thing, only using the light bag and gortex bivy cover. And to the testament of how well made they are in the actual fabric and sewing we have hung some joes who had passed out in the sleeping bags from trees, out barracks windows and such and they hold up great. I have also used the green bad to make a makeshift hammock with 550 cord.

i hope you still have thse when i get back from europe, i will most likely purchase one. I love mine, my wife needs one.

I use the gore-tex with one bag (green or black, depending on climate) and a thermarest inflatable mattress stuffed in between them, works great!!

gaberelli

Observer
-27 Farenheit

I will also throw in my $0.02 regarding these bags. I have a woodland and an ACU version. The ACU seems a bit lighter but equally warm. I have used each camping in Canada in February.

Thermometer hit -20 last year and -27 this year. With a polar weight base layer, second fleece layer and DRY socks, I was sweating at one point during the -27 night and had to shed a layer.

Proof:

448775c9.jpg

498b3f35.jpg

Calilove1

Thanks for sharing... Both the pictures and the story. These bags are built to last and the do their intended job well!

jrose609

Explorer
Troy, received my bag last night. Wow! Almost brand new. All but one of the four pieces WAS brand new with the tags on it.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater