MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I have mentioned this a couple of times in the past, but it's true; the Yaak area in northwest Montana is one of my favorite spots to visit, although I only get there infrequently. This vastly improved upon pre-Beastie photo was taken over a decade ago. Hensley Hill is a wonderful spot to view the stars. Little light pollution to ruin the view.

Night Sky over Hensley Hill.jpg

URSA MAJOR
by James Kirkup
Slung between the homely poplars at the end
of the familiar avenue, the Great
Bear in its lighted hammock swings,
like a neglected gate that neither bars admission nor invites,
hangs on the sagging pole its seven-pointed shape.
Drawn with the precision of an unknown problem
solved n the topmost classroom of the empty sky,
it demonstrates upon the inky blackboard of the night’s
immeasurable finity the focal point of light.
For though the pointers seem to indicate the pole,
each star looks through us into outer space
from where the sun that burns behind and past us
animates immediately each barren, crystal face
with ravaged brilliance, that our eyes
must lean out into time to catch, and die in seeing.

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
This sitting around is getting to me. Trying to contact Mark to see how much and how quickly I can get Beastie shipped down here. I can't go and get it, but a "commercial" company can bring it down to me.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Do any of you have a proper weight of your trailer loaded? This is one of the first things I plan on doing when I get Beastie back home.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
If you haven't checked to see if you have the right tools to change a flat not might be a good time. As I related ,my trailer had wheel lock for the spare without a key. I found out a 17MM deep socket worked on that lock.

The lug nuts for the tires are 13/16" A deep socket is needed. A four way wrench will not fit. Of my three wheels , there is only one wheel that can accommodate a socket. Even a specialized "thin walled socket" will not fit in the hole where the lug nut is.

I thought I was good to go for a trip this coming weekend but now I'm grounded again until this gets sorted out. I told Mark and send him pictures and videos.

I'm taking a tire/wheel over to Discount Tire today and see if they can match up a steel wheel. Those are ugly wheels anyway.

So save yourself some aggravation and see what you need to change a tire.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I had the hitch changed out for a lunette ring. Now I have much better trailer articulation off road. If need be , I can unbolt the receiver and bolt on the ball hitch.
I also added 12 inches to the tongue length so I can make U turns without hitting the trailer and open up the bumper swing outs.

thumbnail (7).jpgthumbnail (8).jpgthumbnail (9).jpgthumbnail (10).jpgthumbnail (11).jpg

Daisy22

Hi everyone! We are picking up our trailer in a week in Fargo. One of the first things I want to do is look into a screen for the door so I can sleep with it open. I have a few ideas but wondering if any owners figured something out also.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Hi everyone! We are picking up our trailer in a week in Fargo. One of the first things I want to do is look into a screen for the door so I can sleep with it open. I have a few ideas but wondering if any owners figured something out also.

I've been thinking about as well. Most of the time I'l be using it I will be in bear and mosquito country so leaving the door open will not be possible. I think with the fan and the four windows there should be plenty of fresh air inside.

Please read my post of about the wheels so you won't get stuck if you get a flat.

Daisy22

I've been thinking about as well. Most of the time I'l be using it I will be in bear and mosquito country so leaving the door open will not be possible. I think with the fan and the four windows there should be plenty of fresh air inside.

Please read my post of about the wheels so you won't get stuck if you get a flat.
Yep, read it and will check on our walkthrough to be sure we take the right tools. Already taking tires with us as backups. I think the fan and windows are good but I am that magical age that needs tons of air moving or get grumpy ?

Daisy22

Yep, read it and will check on our walkthrough to be sure we take the right tools. Already taking tires with us as backups. I think the fan and windows are good but I am that magical age that needs tons of air moving or get grumpy ?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

You could always add another internal fan and run it off the cig plug. I'll be adding an internal fan sometime this weekend.

Daisy22

That's nice! I have a USB fan already I use in our tent but even in cold weather I can't have the doors shut and leave it just mesh because I need the air.v I have issues.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
We travel not to escape life,
but for life not to escape us.

- Anonymous

1997 T4R near Monument Valley.jpg

Northeast Arizona, near Monument Valley

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
"We are all navigating an external world...but only through the prism of our own minds, our own subjective experience...the majesty of the universe is only ever conjured up in the mind."

- Niels Bohr

JJ's Canyonlands II 014.jpg

I sometimes wonder that had I ever had the opportunity to meet up with individuals like Einstein or Bohr could I even have held a rational conversation with them? I think I'd just show them pictures of where we've been and try to explain why we do this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal