MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I had quite a bit of dust get inside the cabin. The kitchen and fridge cabinets were dust free. Looks like it is coming from the door. The door also leaks water.

thumbnail (1).jpgthumbnail (2).jpgthumbnail (3).jpgthumbnail (4).jpgthumbnail (5).jpgthumbnail.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Mike,

Nanc and I are really impressed with the way you are modifying the trailer to match you needs. That kitchen setup is great. I was leery of your foldout table but now that we can see it I wouldn’t mind having one myself. Nanc also likes the hanging utensil holder and the paper towel rack. Great job!

I found a great deal on the Wagbags for our PETT toilets. Picked up a box of 100 for $150 plus shipping off eBay. Evidently military surplus but opened one up and in perfect condition. Should last us a couple of seasons. They are such a neater and cleaner way of handling human waste. Seal them up and stick them in a double garbage bag lined trasheroo until we get somewhere to properly dispose of them. No stinking liquid filled containers to dump.

Really sorry that you are having issues with dust and rain. We get a little water in around the windows in the canvas, but only in heavy storms; no dust so far. I do like your pool noodle idea on the door edging. May have to try that out too.

Do you have any pics showing your whole campsite? Looks like a great location. What kind of pines are those? Huge cones.

Last edited:
I drove about 50 miles of dirt road. No issues with dust. I have a small leak driver side front, it was raining really hard (top was closed, caused from driving).
I did crack a side window though, and found lots of rock chips today when I finally got to play with it. Might need some window deflectors or something. 0259D25B-2E03-47FA-AE55-5BA70E8ADEAF.jpegB0CA2B5D-64BB-4053-BC5E-B8491257A11E.jpeg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
nice pics!

My smaller windows are much more flush with the sides. Rock deflectors sound like a good idea with your setups. perhaps mud flaps too?

I took some pictures of the boreas trailer at bigsky while I was there. These are the 1up bike racks. Pricey but American made and sturdy. A2F244C8-04A6-4C33-95A7-72D85B982DBB.jpeg7D9FB528-9427-4CCB-B1CA-8AD0D37E479D.jpeg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Mike,

Nanc and I are really impressed with the way you are modifying the trailer to match you needs. That kitchen setup is great. I was leery of your foldout table but now that we can see it I wouldn’t mind having one myself. Nanc also likes the hanging utensil holder and the paper towel rack. Great job!

I found a great deal on the Wagbags for our PETT toilets. Picked up a box of 100 for $150 plus shipping off eBay. Evidently military surplus but opened one up and in perfect condition. Should last us a couple of seasons. They are such a neater and cleaner way of handling human waste. Seal them up and stick them in a double garbage bag lined trasheroo until we get somewhere to properly dispose of them. No stinking liquid filled containers to dump.

Really sorry that you are having issues with dust and rain. We get a little water in around the windows in the canvas, but only in heavy storms; no dust so far. I do like your pool noodle idea on the door edging. May have to try that out too.

Do you have any pics showing your whole campsite? Looks like a great location. What kind of pines are those? Huge cones.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Good deal on the bags . Thanks

The rear door does not fit properly ; it is warped . Sadly defective. Mark will replace it when we make it up to Calgary.

The quality control at Big Sky was terrible. I'd thought I'd be in Calgary by now but this Kung Flu hoax has gotten out off control.

camp.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Mike,

A couple things I've found out about the Wag Bags; first, don't leave them in hot, sunny locations. The "plastic" they are made up of is set up to decompose quicky. I believe it is a corn starch composite. Thus pretty environmental. Second, if stored too long the power becomes solid. It will still work but you have to repulverize it. From one check I did, the mil surplus bags I got are still very viable. I'd buy them again. We just plan on using them up within the next 2-3 years. I'll keep them stored in our basement in a cool, dry, dark environment until we pack enough of them up for each trip. That price I quoted is at least 50% savings from regular costs.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Mike,

A couple things I've found out about the Wag Bags; first, don't leave them in hot, sunny locations. The "plastic" they are made up of is set up to decompose quicky. I believe it is a corn starch composite. Thus pretty environmental. Second, if stored too long the power becomes solid. It will still work but you have to repulverize it. From one check I did, the mil surplus bags I got are still very viable. I'd buy them again. We just plan on using them up within the next 2-3 years. I'll keep them stored in our basement in a cool, dry, dark environment until we pack enough of them up for each trip. That price I quoted is at least 50% savings from regular costs.

Thanks, Yes they are designed to decompose. I was out on a two week trip in the desert and my trasharoo was getting rank.

Vogold

Be sure to check the straps to hold your propane tank on they apparently stretch and get loose.

I lost a tank somewhere along the 13 Mile dirt road. It either bounced out of the holder or the holder just unlatched.
The first thing I did when I got the trailer home from the dealer was to put a carabiner on each tank strap, to keep it from popping open. I’ll check for strap tightness tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.

Vogold

My wife and I just got back from a 10 night trip in the trailer, we are ready to go back out!

My re-caulking the perimeter of the roof and adding Eternabond around the roof vent took care of my leak issue. It rained fairly heavy at points for about 1/3 of the time we were out there(plenty hard enough to test for leaks). The wind was blowing too and everything was dry on the inside.

I’d like to find a way to replace the shower hose with a longer one, this one is kinda short but it works great and has good pressure.

The 100Ah lithium battery and 120 watt solar panel provided all the power we needed for the 10 nights and days. I used a long bungee cord and looped it around the fan vent to keep the solar panel on the roof, easy and out of the way.

D88B2661-086B-42C1-9A9F-5E9E028D4DC2.jpeg
7390B66B-9B3A-4B21-B2E8-D96B1A7D120B.jpeg

The road to our camp
027D9397-575C-4975-9702-7A9EF336DE60.jpeg

7832DEAD-2F3A-4B8C-8061-9E0F6874EE7C.jpeg
07F0E5D5-6326-4704-A790-9363D2511CD8.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal