MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Excellent mod. Did the new showerhead screw in place of the orgininal sprayer ?
Thank you. The new hose connects where the original shower head was; the connection shown in the 2nd photo. The new hose and new shower head are all new add-ons. If that makes sense?

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
So you spliced in a new hose with the shower head.
Correct. Standard shower head with 5' hose.
14adf8467102d3e3d07f9963fe46915f.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Quick weekend getaway to La Conner, WA. Not "remote" in any way, but far enough from the city to take a breather.
9d20b938eff05ec671fe4d526b11d2e6.jpg
b04ce74d41057800aa754d4a8561feda.jpg
946cf448435d2ffc570f15e8f5645eab.jpg
I think we saw you driving north of Seattle on the interstate yesterday afternoon! We’re in Kirkland area for the week celebrating our daughter-in-law’s birthday. That is a really nice setup you have. And it was a joy seeing another MO rig being used.

hope you have a great weekend!

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
I think we saw you driving north of Seattle on the interstate yesterday afternoon! We’re in Kirkland area for the week celebrating our daughter-in-law’s birthday. That is a really nice setup you have. And it was a joy seeing another MO rig being used.

hope you have a great weekend!
Thank you. Appreciate the compliment. Love this trailer.

JKDEN

Picked up my MO Summit from B&B on Saturday. Overall I love the trailer but have a few bugs to work out. Below are my thoughts/questions:

1.Electrical System: I tried plugging my trailer into my garage to charge the battery and it immediately trips the GFCI in the garage outlet. If I flip off the breakers on the WFCO and flip either on separately it’s fine. But as soon as both breakers are flipped on it immediately trips the house GFCI. If I plug into a non-GFCI it works fine. Any ideas? Hopefully it’s not a deep electrical gremlin. I’m using a regular battery tender for now.

Now with this issue, I’m debating on whether or not to just add a solar controller as planned or scrap the whole WFCO system and go with a REDARC or similar that will charge from all sources and give me a nice readout. Or do I add a NOCO and solar controller and basically just not use the WFCO for anything other than the fuses. Has anyone else scrapped the WFCO in favor of a better option? How accessible is everything needed to redo everything if I go that route? I will have to fab up a mounting surface where the WFCO is if I go that route but it would be nice to have all the electrical fuses and battery readout in one spot.

Also, one of my reading lights won’t fully turn on so hopefully it’s just a bad light and an easy swap.

2.Solar: I’m planning to add two 100W Renogy flexible panels to the roof and mount a solar controller (or REDARC) and inverter in the battery side of the front box or possibly in the kitchen slide box. Also need to add another battery so probably scrap the single lead acid that came with the trailer for two Renogy 100ah AGMs. I also have a 100W Renogy suitcase I can use if ever needed.

3. Roof Rack: After seeing the roof I think it will be pretty easy to do four fixed mount Rhino Rack feet and crossbars spaced evenly along the roof. The pockets around the perimeter of the roof are perfect for drilling and mounting without penetrating the living space at all. This would allow me to carry my Flycraft and clear the fan and any sharp bolts, as well as throw on a few bike racks when not carrying the raft. It will also allow me to affix two thin flexible Renogy 100W panels between the crossbars and get full sun. Ito head to Rack n Road this week to size everything and order parts.

4. Gas: I camped at about 7,000 feet last night and my Dometic burners would not turn on. They were getting gas to the unit but no gas coming through the burners. When I got home (5,700 ft.) I tried again and they worked fine. Has anyone had an issue with the cooktop at high elevation? Hopefully it was just air locked. I’m almost always camping above 6,000 ft.

Looking forward to figuring out more about the trailer and setting it up to work well for us.View attachment 658465
View attachment 658478View attachment 658466
View attachment 658467
Congrats on the Summit. We were actually at B&B shopping (and buying ours) the day y’all were taking delivery. Your rig looks great!

Quick question…have you found a solution for the GFI tripping? Ours is doing the same thing. It trips instantly when I plug in the shore power. I even tried switching off the battery before plugging it into the outlet and it still tripped immediately.

Thanks for your input! I’m sure we’ll see you on the trails.

Just picked up my Summit. What an awesome trailer.

The interior volt reading LED is super bright but I remember reading that someone had sourced a flip cover for that panel? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

jareda80

Congrats on the Summit. We were actually at B&B shopping (and buying ours) the day y’all were taking delivery. Your rig looks great!

Quick question…have you found a solution for the GFI tripping? Ours is doing the same thing. It trips instantly when I plug in the shore power. I even tried switching off the battery before plugging it into the outlet and it still tripped immediately.

Thanks for your input! I’m sure we’ll see you on the trails.
Small world! Which one did you guys pick up? Are you guys from the Denver area?

After doing some initial wire tracing to make sure I didn’t have a neutral/ground swap issue (I don’t from what I can see) I gave up and just installed a Noco charger when I did my dual battery, solar and inverter. I like to see how each of my batteries are charging anyway, something you don’t get with the basic converter that comes with the Summit now. I still need to punch a 2” hole and install the Noco exterior plug but this give you an idea of how I arranged everything in the battery box area.

Attachments

• 36470961-EB50-4537-BDFB-5F7D5F2BE944.jpeg
    36470961-EB50-4537-BDFB-5F7D5F2BE944.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 93

Jeffrho

Just picked up my Summit. What an awesome trailer.

The interior volt reading LED is super bright but I remember reading that someone had sourced a flip cover for that panel? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Can land a bush plane with bright little sucker. Just got home with our new Summit too. Never pulled something so smooth down the interstate. I ll be watching for replays. Thanks,

Can land a bush plane with bright little sucker. Just got home with our new Summit too. Never pulled something so smooth down the interstate. I ll be watching for replays. Thanks,

I was over thinking the bright LED problem. The solution was so simple.
'DimIt' LED display dimming tape from Amazon.

Last edited:
Small world! Which one did you guys pick up? Are you guys from the Denver area?

After doing some initial wire tracing to make sure I didn’t have a neutral/ground swap issue (I don’t from what I can see) I gave up and just installed a Noco charger when I did my dual battery, solar and inverter. I like to see how each of my batteries are charging anyway, something you don’t get with the basic converter that comes with the Summit now. I still need to punch a 2” hole and install the Noco exterior plug but this give you an idea of how I arranged everything in the battery box area.

Hi Jared,

We were previously tent campers and I'm totally new to using a trailer. Having electricity is completely foreign. I see you have done some additions to your electrical system and I was hoping you might outline what you added and what the advantages are?

We have the stock Mission electrical system with the two 6v batteries and the 180w solar panel package. Please forgive my lack of knowledge but I'm just wondering what additions you needed and why?

jareda80

Hi Jared,

We were previously tent campers and I'm totally new to using a trailer. Having electricity is completely foreign. I see you have done some additions to your electrical system and I was hoping you might outline what you added and what the advantages are?

We have the stock Mission electrical system with the two 6v batteries and the 180w solar panel package. Please forgive my lack of knowledge but I'm just wondering what additions you needed and why?

Hopefully you are enjoying your new Summit, it’s definitely a big change from tent camping.

I purchased my trailer from a dealer’s inventory so wasn’t able to spec any additional electrical upgrades like you did. Mine came with a single flooded 12v deep cycle battery and no solar panels or controller. Therefore, I added the following:

2-100ah Renogy deep cycle AGM batteries (replaced the single 100ah flooded battery). This gives me twice the amp hours plus a more robust AGM battery type.

2-100W Renogy flexible solar panels (attached to the roof). I also wired in the stock Zamp plug in the front in parallel so can add a third 100W suitcase panel I have when I need to.

Renogy MPPT solar controller (a solar controller is needed when hooking up permanent solar panels that do not have a built in controller like some portable panels do).

Renogy 1000W Pure Sine Inverter (for converting 12v power to 110v to charge my e-bike, computer, etc.)

Noco GenPro 10 battery charger (permanently hooked to my batteries to keep them charged when the trailer is stored in my garage since the stock 30a RV converter does not seem to work with GFCI outlets which are required in garages. I kept tripping the GFCI outlets and thus could not charge the batteries through the 30a RV plug.)

With the solar and battery upgrade your trailer came with it sounds like you should be pretty much good to go already. You could add an inverter pretty easily if you ever think you will need 110V power. Not everyone needs an inverter for 110V power and I only will need mine occasionally if I go for longer trips with my eMTB and/or decide to work from the road for a week or two and need to charge my laptop.

Hopefully that helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven