Mojave Desert Exploring

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Glad to hear the wind died down for you guys too. You can sleep in the Eezi awn without the poles, no problem. I noticed that guys Tacoma on the way out.. very nice.

"right click ' save as'" too cool! Thanks Fred. That's a pretty neat photo.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Explorer 1 said:
I think I may have passed the Toyota Land Cruiser going in opposite directions on Sunday afternoon. The picture looks like Broadwell Dry Lake. I was leading a rather large group in a Sportsmobile.

Was I correct?

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1
attachment.php

Your rig is awesome but that step stool takes the cake:) My wife is 5.0, I showed her the pic saying, "I want this van", she said "I want the step stool."

TeriAnn

Explorer
Hummm, Saw lots of folks with trailers & RVs parked near the highways but hardly anyone out on the Mojave trail. I was out in a group of 3 Land Rover Dormobiles. Hard to miss unless you were elsewhere.

Moj073Dormies.jpg

Home is where you pop the top

Moj072Dormies.jpg

Moj07trail2.jpg

We spent each day out driving.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
TeriAnn we looked for you at Kelso Dunes, but never saw you. We headed north past Mojave Rd on Kelbaker Rd.. but never saw you there either. We were hoping to see you.

Did you guys end up camping at the base of the dunes? If so, where'd you do it?

Thanks for the awesome pics!

TeriAnn

Explorer
SOCALFJ said:
TeriAnn we looked for you at Kelso Dunes, but never saw you. We headed north past Mojave Rd on Kelbaker Rd.. but never saw you there either. We were hoping to see you.

Whoops different dune. We were on the Mojave road. A bit North of Kelso dunes. The dune is just a little North of the Mojave trail before it hits Soda lake. I think it is near the South West end of the Little Cowhole Mountains. The Dune is anchored between 2 small rock hills. It is the closest sand dune to the Mojave trail around mile 93ish and one of our "standard" overnight camp sites. We spent New Years night there.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
You guys weren't far from us on New Years then!

We camped in Indian Springs. Just one road north of Mojave Road and east of Kelbaker rd.

TeriAnn said:
Whoops different dune. We were on the Mojave road. A bit North of Kelso dunes. The dune is just a little North of the Mojave trail before it hits Soda lake. I think it is near the South West end of the Little Cowhole Mountains. The Dune is anchored between 2 small rock hills. It is the closest sand dune to the Mojave trail around mile 93ish and one of our "standard" overnight camp sites. We spent New Years night there.

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
You guys are killing me and further fueling my hatred for Illinois!

...Seeing the pics from all these awesome trips makes me realize what I'm missing, and makes me feel like I'll never get back to SoCal - even though it's only 8 months away.

I look forward to meeting a lot of you guys, and maybe inviting myself along on some of these trips!
:safari-rig:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Email me back channel and i'll see if i can dig it up for you. I don't really want to post it. Finding it is half the fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob