Monteros on craigslist

mapper

Explorer
Nice Astro. I may be interested in a discussion about an Astro/Monty swap. Let me ponder a moment. I'll send you a PM

vanroth

Observer
Mapper, I sent you a PM. Looks like a gentleman from Minnesota will be flying in to pick it up tomorrow. I have an eager Coloradoan waiting in the wings as well -- I thought he was going to cry when I told him it was nearly sold.

I knew AWD Astro's (like Monteros) were hidden gems, but I never thought I'd get so much interest.

Now Haus you need to drive that 2.5 down here to Tucson for some sightseeing!

jhill15

Explorer

now I feel like some questions need to arise after seeing the episode of top gear, and now seeing his rig on cl.

1. theres no way he paid only $5k for this thing unless maybe he just rented it from the owner for the episode...? now I kinda feel manipulated by the show...
2. he never said there were arb lockers on the episode but only locking differentials, so my impression is that he was just talking about the center locking diff. so were the arbs installed after the episode...or just not mentioned as arb lockers maybe for copyright reasons?
3. that rig in my opinion is worth way more than $5500, 118k, 2 inch lift, arb lockers, surco rack, bull bar, 4 off road led lamps, 286/75/16...I think, so I wonder why its so cheap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues