More proof that Jeep is the leader in 4x4 overland vehicles

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer

Found specs here, and sadly some are wrong but more here http://www.off-road-drive.ru/ratings/Offroad

Landrover Defender 110

LandRoverDefender110_1.jpg

Jeep Wrangler unlimited

JeepWranglerUnlimited_1.jpg

Jeep Wrangler

JeepWranglerRubicon_1.jpg

Toyota Landcruiser 200

TLC200_2013_1.jpg

Toyota Landcruiser Prado (150?)

TLCPrado_1.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero 2014

MitsubishiPajero_1_1.jpg

Landrover Discovery 4

LRDiscovery4_1.jpg

Hummer H3

HummerH3_1.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
It's the other way around, a tracker is a rebadged Suzuki. Most of the good model GM made was actually a Suzuki.

I know, I am having a bit of fun. RELAX. Just like Mr cruiser up there. There are millions more fords and chevs driving around without rusted out chasis on them, I don't know why Toyota decided to use crap metal in their rigs. Oh, I do know, its cheap. just like how they feel.

Well, I know for a fact they only provide the chasis here, you have to pay labour to do the swap on the chasis. Sounds like a stand up company to me. I pass, yet again. JUNK. I would rather buy a vehicle made from proper materials instead of a tin can trying to get lighter to keep mileage good.

Any of the big 3 vechiles are better than any Toyota. LC included. OVERPRICED. By a country mile.

marktutone

Adventurer
I think you're all missing the point here. It's pretty obvious that the 2000 Ford Explorer is the leader in 4x4 overland vehicles. Right?

Guys?

Wrong.
I know it is easy to make fun about this subject. I should have named this thread Jeep is gaining popularity around the world. It is my prediction that the jeep will lead the world in this market segment world wide soon. My evidence is increased new jeep sales around the world. Jeep tuners, outfitters, are opening up shops around the world. Third party companies like Teraflex have opened sales channels around the world. Also if you look at race events such as Ultra4 racing you will see the popularity of the races has been increasing every year. Most of the vehicles in those races are Jeep based. No doubt that I am enthusiastic about jeeps. I tell you compared to my other vehicles that I have owned my jeeps have been the most fun. One of the coolest things is that if I need something for my jeep I can usually go to craigslist and find multiple listings for things I want or need for my jeep.

LilPoppa

Adventurer
Haha, yup you got me there. Aftermarket options for my ride pretty much consists of one suspension lift kit and a few generic rubber floor mats.

Last edited:

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Looks like the Toyoyta 4runner has airheater for the rear passangers, I miss that in my Wrangler unlimited because it gets pretty cold back there in the wintertime

Serg5000

Adventurer
Looks like the Toyoyta 4runner has airheater for the rear passangers, I miss that in my Wrangler unlimited because it gets pretty cold back there in the wintertime

My girl and I have a JKU and love it. I made a platform for the rear so the seats are folded down any time we are out.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
From Toyota

Toyota Tacoma comparison against Jeep Wrangler

My Wrangler have daytime running light and it is the law here in Sweden and probably the law in hole Europe and I think al Export Wrangler have this function.

We have bigger brakes on the export Wranglers, less braking distance.
I have read that Australian Wranglers have backup cameras as stock.

Last edited:

Dake21

Adventurer
I know, I am having a bit of fun. RELAX. Just like Mr cruiser up there. There are millions more fords and chevs driving around without rusted out chasis on them, I don't know why Toyota decided to use crap metal in their rigs. Oh, I do know, its cheap. just like how they feel.

Well, I know for a fact they only provide the chasis here, you have to pay labour to do the swap on the chasis. Sounds like a stand up company to me. I pass, yet again. JUNK. I would rather buy a vehicle made from proper materials instead of a tin can trying to get lighter to keep mileage good.

Any of the big 3 vechiles are better than any Toyota. LC included. OVERPRICED. By a country mile.

You have to excuse me, where I'm from jeep guys doesn't have a good reputation. Lots of trails has been closed because and patrolled by the police on ATVs because, somehow, it seems that every wrangler owner feels like they own the forest and leave trash behind and destroy nature. I saw that kind of attitude within the title and it opened a can of worm.

mclovinal

You have to excuse me, where I'm from jeep guys doesn't have a good reputation. Lots of trails has been closed because and patrolled by the police on ATVs because, somehow, it seems that every wrangler owner feels like they own the forest and leave trash behind and destroy nature. I saw that kind of attitude within the title and it opened a can of worm.
That's the reputation that the "bro truck" guys (Over-lifted and loud muffler-ed trucks) have here. But they don't get on the trails, it's teens on ATVs that get the trails closed.

I must say that I disagree with what this thread seems to be about. The levels of brand vs brand aggression in the automobile enthusiast community is my least favorite thing about said community. This forum is probably the least bad about that, but it is still here. That being said, I do think that Jeep has really stepped up in the expedition community with the JK. I have noticed them several times outside of the US, and on this forum there are some really nice Jeeps for expedition purposes, even some TJs and other 2-doors. (mine, of course, is the best example of this. /sarc) The point is to enjoy your vehicle and the adventure, no matter what and where that is. All vehicles have advantages and disadvantages for adventure.
I love my Jeep, I like Jeep's history, I like the simpleness, the spartan features, and the ruggedness. I actually like the noise, the poor ride, and the lack of space most of the time. I am a Jeep guy. But I have considered trading it for a Toyota, and while i decided to wait until I can eventually afford a JK I still would consider a Toyota a good platform, a better one in many ways.

marktutone

Adventurer
From Toyota

Toyota Tacoma comparison against Jeep Wrangler

My Wrangler have daytime running light and it is the law here in Sweden and probably the law in hole Europe and I think al Export Wrangler have this function.

We have bigger brakes on the export Wranglers, less braking distance.
I have read that Australian Wranglers have backup cameras as stock.

Wow that is a first, someone is actually comparing a Toyota Tacoma to a Jeep Wrangler.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!

really, In nova scotia it's like that? WOW. Hop on the boat, much more laid back here. We are very responsible. Pack in/Pack out is my motto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy