More proof that Jeep is the leader in 4x4 overland vehicles

Dake21

Adventurer
really, In nova scotia it's like that? WOW. Hop on the boat, much more laid back here. We are very responsible. Pack in/Pack out is my motto.

No not Nova Scotia, its pretty cool here indeed. I love Nova Scotia for the trails there are lots of them and people are nice.
I was talking about Quebec. Last trail that was close was because a drunk jeep guy went to kill himself in a quarry. Even the news talked about it.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
There are knobs in every sport. But don't tar all of us with the same brush. Most jeep owners are cool. I take offense when people call out jeep owners in general because of the few ************ bags out there. Most of the jeep owners here are in the emergency response team. WE can get through adverse conditions to help out others, older people or whatever to get what they need. Pop you out of a snow back, or whatever. Off road, if anyone is stuck or needs help, we stop and help whatever way we can.

Remember, in the end we are all sharing the same space, so we encourage people to go with us no matter what you drive. If you like the outdoors and visiting different places, come along.

Dake21

Adventurer
There are knobs in every sport. But don't tar all of us with the same brush. Most jeep owners are cool. I take offense when people call out jeep owners in general because of the few ************ bags out there. Most of the jeep owners here are in the emergency response team. WE can get through adverse conditions to help out others, older people or whatever to get what they need. Pop you out of a snow back, or whatever. Off road, if anyone is stuck or needs help, we stop and help whatever way we can.

Remember, in the end we are all sharing the same space, so we encourage people to go with us no matter what you drive. If you like the outdoors and visiting different places, come along.

Glad to hear this. That's the kind of person I'd like to share adventure with.

kojackJKU

Yep. Anytime. There is probably 1% of Jeep owners who are what you thought they were. 99% of us are Friendly, helpful and respectful.

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Really!

68 pages of quibbling over what we drive? Enough!

CONSIDER THIS!!

Two eyes, two ears but only one mouth. Maybe we should all look and listen TWICE as much as we speak.

Let there be peace. Appreciate the fact we have variety to be an individual in what we drive and where we go.

Merry Christmas you four-wheeling bunch of off-roaders you!

kojackJKU

HA ha......how true! Most people think im serious when they get flack from me. But most times its just having some fun.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Today I sat in a 2010 year Toyota Landcruiser 76. I was going to change my wheels to winter wheels at a 4x4 shop in the bush. I was very happy when I saw a Landcruiser 76 as they are rather rare in Sweden and in Europe and are not for sale in Europe any more. The LC 76 is one of the cool 4x4 out there and by many considered to be the best overland vehicle out there.
Outside I was happy to see one my first impression was it was not so big that I thought it to be. I dont know what trim it was, only it is a 2010 year model. I opened and looked inside and sat in the rear and in the fronts to get a feeling and looking at the cargo area. My feeling was it was airier with more headspace than my JK unlimited and had much larger windows. Everything on the inside is very small, the doors and panels are less thick than a Wrangler, the dash is almost half the depth of the Wrangler dash, the seats are not so big and thick as the Wrangler seats. As everything? is smaller inside and I think that internal weight of the stuff is much lighter than the wrangler inside stuff is and that is offcourse good for more storage and for more payload. The payload is twice that the Wrangler has and it has leaf springs in the back.
I was sadly little bit disapointed, I thought it would be little bit nicer on the inside. It felt like a Toyota starlet that I had year 1987, it looks very cheap and outdated.
If I lived in a country that sell booth, would I consider the LC 76 over the Wrangler? No way. I dont need twice the payload and I would not want to pay even more for a outdated vehicle compared to the cheaper Wrangler.
I do understand that it aint for sale in US or in Europe, it would not sell so many.
I do hope the come with a more modern LC76, I mean in some way they have nice specs like factory snorkel, huge gas tank, factory lockers, and I think dualbattery setup.

I took some picture

It has a lift and alot of other addons

158574593.jpg

Vinyl seats

158574595.jpg

One cup holder and no cubby box.

158574597.jpg

When I was leaving saw this cute Landrover 88 from year 1970

158574619.jpg

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Hi

I found the price for the Landcruiser 76 that I sat in above.

It is a 2010 year model and milage is about 50 331 miles and it has a lot off goodies like a lift, a winch, roof rack, vision x lights, xenon lights etc.

It is probably rather unusual in Sweden and price tag for this specific modified vehicle is 60 246 dollars. Stuff is more expensive here, a new 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4 door unlimited with dualtop, heated seats, new soundsystem etc cost about 38 326 dollars.

The road tax yearly is rather high for some diesel vehicles here in Sweden. The road tax for this Landcruiser and even a Landrover Defender 110 is about 1 167dollars. My 2013 Rubicon unlimited with the Pentastar gasoline engine has a road tax of about 417 dollars.

It looks like this

1738436987.jpg

1772530263.jpg

1781053582.jpg

1749240134.jpg

Last edited:

marktutone

Adventurer
Omar this is good stuff you are posting. Every time you post something I feel better about purchasing a Jeep JK. I normally buy vehicles that are really old. I recently traded in my TJ for a 2007 JK. I know the newer ones are much better with the 3.6 and everything but I am on a budget. My occupation is Biomedical Equipment Technician. It pays well but I live in the Silicon Valley and housing is real expensive. So far I love it. Some say the 3.8 has no power but I find it adequate as I am not into speed. My wife likes it better than my TJ. There is a company called Rubitrux that tunes jeeps that has new used parts for sale at extremely low prices. Later if I wanted a 3.6 I would purchase from this company.They have a 3.6 for 2499.99 right now.

kojackJKU

Yeah, mostly rock hoppers that feel its underpowered. Ones that have like 800 hp buggys that just leap over huge rocks, visit like 8 miles per day and thrash the **** out of their rigs. Us in the real world have no issues with the amount of power that's in the 3.8. I run mine as a daily driver, I have 150,000 km on it as of 1 hr ago. I have never wanted for more power. As much as the LC is cool, its not 30,000 extra dollars cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy