Multi power in with 12VDC and 120VAC out

jasonp3253

I am redoing the power and it has shore power but that is all. I would like to be able to have multiple options for power input and have 12VDC and 120VAC out. For instance I would like to have solar, battery, shore and power from my truck. Is there a unit that will combine all these options into one compact unit or do I have to have several and manually switch from each? I thought Redarc had something like this but after lookin on their website I was not able to find what I was looking for.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
The red arc manager 30 will do that; but its limited to 30 amps across all charge sources.

And I’m sure a few more. You shouldn’t have to manually switch anything, if installed and designed correctly.

If you use separate products from Victron for example. DC/DC, Solar, pd165 etc you can get the max rate from each individual charge source. For example, 30amps from solar, and 30 amps from DC/DC.

The other problem with all on one units, is if one part fails. It all fails. And you are dead in the water.

simple

Adventurer
The benefit of all in one like a yeti goal zero is that it is plug n play and doesn't take up much space. They have a warrantee if there are issues and when the battery is end of life you can upgrade the unit or swap out the battery. The down side is that they don't seem to allow for expansion of battery storage. I'm waiting for an in between product where you buy a fully integrated "head unit" that connects to a battery or multiple of batteries.

DRAX

The benefit of all in one like a yeti goal zero is that it is plug n play and doesn't take up much space. They have a warrantee if there are issues and when the battery is end of life you can upgrade the unit or swap out the battery. The down side is that they don't seem to allow for expansion of battery storage. I'm waiting for an in between product where you buy a fully integrated "head unit" that connects to a battery or multiple of batteries.

EcoFlow offers battery expansion options as does Jackery, they have portable power stations that can have multiple extra batteries connected to increase the total battery capacity by quite a bit.

simple

Adventurer
EcoFlow offers battery expansion options as does Jackery, they have portable power stations that can have multiple extra batteries connected to increase the total battery capacity by quite a bit.
Those are cool. Do you know if you can any lion battery with them or do you have to use their packaged batteries?

DRAX

Those are cool. Do you know if you can any lion battery with them or do you have to use their packaged batteries?

They only work with expansion batteries they provide, no way to connect generic batteries or standard LiFePO4 batteries, unfortunately.

broncot

The Yeti Goal Zero 400 and 1250 used AGM batteries (user replaceable) and have the option of daisy chaining multiple batteries. Unfortunately they're no longer in production, but they can be found second hand. I'm putting a 1250 into my camping trailer for the reasons above, multiple charging options and multiple outlets.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online