My 1992 Chevy Tiger XL

mtran2000

Observer
Another Tiger :sombrero: excellent!

Every time I clean the carpet on the coach during/after a trip, I know I'll be putting wood or vinyl in sometime - yours looks really good. What is that tube behind the rear hitch carrier, sewer hose storage?

Look forward to hearing more about this Tiger, looks to be in great condition! Congrats.

Yes it is a sewer storage container that came with the vehicle. I believe you can get one at camping world.

Mark

Last edited:

mtran2000

Observer
New picture of my tiger

I have it out of storage and doing some work on it but here is side view. I am still pondering what do about re striping. From what I have heard from others it is very expensive to have a shop remove baked on stripes as it it is labor intensive and I really don't have the time or tools to do it myself. I am wondering if stripes could be painted over using Krylon product in link below. I am open to suggestions.

http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

Mark

P32002611.jpg

Last edited:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Take a look at HMR's Tiger build thread - he did a fairly comprehensive re-striping and detailed what products worked best for removing, etc.

mtran2000

Observer
I think to do the job right, stripes need to be taken off and new ones put on. Might have to wait until 2012 to budget it in.

Mark

mtran2000

Observer
New pictures of my tiger

New stripes and some new curtains. Still working on curtains. Adding Bilstein shocks next week to help with ride.

Mark

P60904151.jpg
[/IMG]

P60904171.jpg

P60904201.jpg

P60904191.jpg

P60904181.jpg

Last edited:

suntinez

Explorer
Airbags in the rear and new rear shocks helped my ride considerably.

Re-striped Tiger looks great - did you remove the old ones first or go over them? I'm glad I missed the striping era, just some swirly decals on mine.

mtran2000

Observer
I went over old stripes. Removing them would have been very costly and a some shops didn't even want to tackle the job.

Mark

mtran2000

Observer
I came across a larger camper I may pursue and if I do the Tiger will go on the market. I will keep group posted in the event there might be interested buyers.
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3