My 2001 Pathfinder (R50 ) mild/budget build

FromRaleigh

Adventurer
I like the expanded steel. If you have time, you could even make some panels for the side and rear window and you'll have excellent security, that stuff is tough to get through.

marty1977

Adventurer
That is one great cargo divider. I do have the same problem when stuff slides forward on harder breaking and this really gives me something to think about of doing in the future.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Looks good sir, I especially like the side bars. Any plans to put some holes in there to make a sliding tie down system? Like utili-trak?

stioc

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys. @FromRaleigh, that's a good idea but I need the room back there- now if I were traveling long distances in questionable areas then for sure :)

@Allof75, that's a great idea, I'll have to look into perhaps mounting the utili-trak to the bars, thanks.

richard310

pew pew
Quite a rigid divider. Looks more like the back of a police cruiser or prisoner transport... :D are you doing vigilante stuff? Hahah

stioc

Expedition Leader
Another small but a useful addition to me i.e. a way to carry 5gals of water securely. Bulk water is heavy but an absolute necessity and ideally it should be carried low and well centered. In my case I've found the passenger floorboard to be the best place for this 55lbs dead weight except I didn't have a good way to secure it until now.

FE53AC4A-488F-4126-8D05-E3566ADE445F_zpssjt0nrpw.jpg

Last edited:

Allof75

Pathfinder
So that is a water container strapped to what looks like a repurposed child seat anchor? Was the hole already there?

stioc

Expedition Leader
Correct on the anchor but I had to drill a hole through the floor. I used a large fender washer on the other side for strength and to spread the load. I have been thinking about something like this for a long time but I was overthinking the whole thing. I was going to use the seat mounts holes with angle iron and fabbing up some sort of a bracket similar to the ones commonly available for these 5gal cans etc. Then I saw someone else using a couple of simple D-rings bolted to the floor (on a Jeep) to secure a toolbox - ding ding ding!

I'm still looking for better straps (non ratcheting), light, easy to use, strong and not something that will give or slip :)

stioc

Expedition Leader
Went to Big Bear this Sat with some ExPo friends. The caravan included:

Two Mitsubishi Monteros on 33" tires, rear lockers and one of them with a lift- both wearing BFG KM2s
One Dodge Power Wagon with 33" BFG KM2s
Two Jeep Wrangers, both BFG ATs, one 33" the other 35"
One Nissan Frontier PROX4 with 32" BFG Rugged Trails
One Nissan Xterra with 32" BFG ATs
My Pathy with skinny 32" BFG ATs

BigBear_01-X3.jpg

Here're a few action shots of the Pathy.

This three wheeling pic courtesy of nwoods, if I bumped it a bit more it would've been a 2 wheeling pic:
BigBear_27-X3_zpsc7b94554.jpg

Speaking of flex, how does this look on the rock? I had to drive quite a bit further up to get the rear tire off the ground:
IMG_4964Custom_zpsd38ffbdf.jpg

IMG_4967Custom_zps36f05072.jpg

This is after I was already getting off the rock:
IMG_4969Custom_zpse68fb6a6.jpg

As usual there were lots of sharp rocks everywhere on the trail:
IMG_5068Custom_zpsaf7e31bd.jpg

End of the day, ready to hit the highway 2hrs home:
IMG_5095Custom_zps655556f8.jpg

Last edited:

AZ_Pathfinder

Awesome pics! That first picture looks like your tire wants to come off the wheel! What PSI do you run when you wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richard310

pew pew
Great pics! You and your Pathy performed flawlessly out there.

AZ_pathfinder: you should have seen his tires rolling through the other obstacles. Tire was near folded in half on the side of a rock heading down the technical section right before lunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy