My 2016 frontier build and adventure thread!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Curious what your towing? ... the Frontier is a pretty capable tow rig and gets respectable MPG in the process.

We hadn't bought a trailer at the time, but we were looking at up to around 7000#.

Yeah, the V6 CC has a rated tow capacity of 6500#

The truck I was looking at had a tow rating (or so the dealer told me) of 5500# as I recall? Our trailer new trailer is about 6300# loaded... so a but smaller and lighter than we had thought, probably would have been ok.

The other issue, the dealer wanted too much $ for it. About $10,000.00 more than my WK with nearly double the miles. Used prices here are silly high, not much rust and small island so generally lower miles.

ravinerat

I'll be following your build. I bought a 2016 Frontier but the King cab. She is stock so far except for the tonneau cover. I used to own a 2001 Xterra and loved it. We pull a small trailer with our Frontier and hope it brings lots of Adventures.

RR

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Hey guys, hope everyone has been having wonderful holidays and are ready to start 2016!!

I have not done anything new with the new rig but did take it out to my grand parents farm for Christmas. Truck performed flawlessly. I can tell I'm going to love this truck for longer road trips. Great seats, good power, and a comfortable ride. Truck handled the snow drifts that I drove it thru well also.

Here are just a couple quick pics to keep things going!!

After having owned the truck for about 2 months, i know i really would like to upgrade my tires to 265/75/16 Duratracs, i would also like to get tint on the front windows and get some weathertech floor mats. Also need to figure out some sort of water proof bed storage system. so i started a thread about that in the general mods section to get some assistance on what i should go with. Also need to start looking for a tow hitch since i dont believe Nissan makes a rear tow hook for the Fronty.

bijanjames

Adventurer
Welcome to the club! Your Frontier will give you many miles of reliable travel. All of the bugs are for the most part addressed, the only thing that had given me problems thus far were the sway bar bushings and I remedied the problem by removing the sway bar!

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
So even though I'm still getting over this holiday cold I was going to freak out if I didn't get out of the house and do something fun. So decided to go for a little drive up to Nederland for lunch and then drove out to the Moffat tunnel. Truck did great. Ate thru the snow even with the crappy tires.

Gotta love a wife that will brave the cold with you to enjoy a day away from the city!!

Planning on some decent deep snow wheeling in the next couple weeks. I know I need a rear hitch for a tow point. I already have tow straps. Do you guys recommend getting anything else? I was thinking chains, but that might be a waste of money since I'm saving up for larger tires in the near future. Maybe some maxtrax's?? Do you guys even know if there is enough clearance for chains on stock suspension with 265/75/16's?? Thanks for any tips guys!!

jeepgc

Adventurer
Wow, I thought your wk thread went a little quiet.

Shame about the WK.

Nice to see you're still getting out there.

Good luck with your new truck and new adventures Evan!

Obrianmcc

Observer
I carry a set of LT chains that I bought from Les Schwab ... for prolonged running there might be some clearance issues in the front at full turn without a lift .... but that doesn't matter so much if your trying to self recover.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I'd just buy some Maxtrax. Honestly, if you buy four tire chains you're not going to be that far off. Plus you're planning on a larger tire someday. The Maxtrax can be used on anything, any size tire, and they're really effective.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
I'd just buy some Maxtrax. Honestly, if you buy four tire chains you're not going to be that far off. Plus you're planning on a larger tire someday. The Maxtrax can be used on anything, any size tire, and they're really effective.

That's what I was thinking. Plus they look awesome and can help any other stuck car or truck!!
Thanks!!

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Hey guys so with the upcoming snow shoe and snow wheeling trips planned I decided to get a rear hitch and D-ring installed and remove the front air dam for a little more approach angle.

Ended up just getting a uhaul hitch and a high country receiver set up.

32B5539C-2F23-4774-B4BC-E7175E9D5334.jpg

3756E505-9969-4EE5-8ABE-2303EBD564E7.jpg

Then loaded up the rig for a long weekend up in the mountains for some snow shoeing. Man I really need to figure out a better storage set up. This worked ok for my wk. but with the bed I'm wasting so much space. Still it was comfortable for four adults and all our gear for the weekend.

5328BC00-1BD7-4A9E-82B9-28B501447C6A.jpg

031C424F-32A6-47AA-8901-3B3622EA71F9.jpg

D56680E6-1AB9-485E-A16F-0267DE198D7C.jpg

EA056365-23A1-47BD-A823-00A71141DB18_1.jpg

A065188E-E14E-496F-923E-E51AF79A0336_1.jpg

Nothing better than friends and shenanigans.

29EF0D3E-A2DE-4CA4-94A5-15061764AF87_2.jpg

9D1F1A84-13BC-49F6-8216-FE48429E882B_4.jpg

A9415E87-08F2-4B4A-AB93-1B7F9731113D_1.jpg

Sent from my iPad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob