My 2016 frontier build and adventure thread!

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Thanks, yeah it's was a pretty great find. Just wished it had the rack system. I have started researching racks, can't believe how expensive this stuff is.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
With stock wheels, 265/75-16's will clear just fine, no modification or mud flap removal needed. That's what I have on mine, I'm running the new BFG's, absolutely love them. Since you're in the Denver area, I'll recommend a shop for tinting, A Touch Above located on 120th E. of York in Thornton. They did my windows and the windoors on my topper, great guy, fast, reasonable price, usually scheduling about 10 days out, located behind Safelite Auto Glass.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have been wanting to get the front windows tinted since I purchased it. I have also noticed living social has some amazing deals on tint with a couple companies that are close by. So hope to be getting that done soon.

bijanjames

Adventurer
Hey guys, so finally found a great deal on Craigslist for a topper. Even better it's already the right color. Have been working on getting it all wired up, all the weather stripping replaced and replacing one of the window screens that is torn. Other than that this top is in great shape. Hope to get a rack system installed sometime soon so I can transport our kayak.

It also has the carpet headliner, which is perfect for starting a patch collection!!

Hope to be getting the Fronty out into the hills soon for some fun and better pics!

Talk about luck! That is awesome...I can't wait to see a lift and some tires on this truck. By the way, I checked out your WK, very nice Jeep that was.

E.J.

Explorer
Looking good with the cap. I keep checking craigs here for one but they never pop up for a 5' bed.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Yeah I was starting to think I would have to buy new. But when this one posted it was on my truck within 45 minutes. Ha

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Backyard adventure

Decided to take the Fronty out for a little day trip. Explored around Central City, found some old cemeteries, and mining structures. Really enjoying the topper, was great to sit on the tailgate and eat some lunch by the lake.
Sorry for the poor pics, all I had was my phone.

jhberria

Adventurer
Man those pictures make me miss life in the southwest. I loved bombing around the old roads looking for ghost towns and cemeteries that time had forgotten.

Good to see you're enjoying the Frontier!

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
^^ yeah it's awesome out here. Always somewhere fun to go.

Did a little tinkering today, nothing major but it's always fun to tinker. Ha

Got my axe mounted up in the bed using two medium size quick fists.

Also played around with some spare 2x4's to work on possible platform ideas. Still not sure what's going to work best. Im concerned with the head room if I use the truck bed supports they are currently resting on.

Sent from my iPhone

gophere

Adventurer
Could always do like a fold in half or thirds on piano hinges for a so e times headroom setup.
Trucks looking fly!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
^^ thanks!!

So guys, being that this truck is brand new I'm getting all the services done thru Nissan until the warranty is over. I had my second oil change last week and ever since, I have been getting a rather bothersome engine rattle on cold starts and have started noticing the same rattle once the engine is warm with slight acceleration around the 2000 RPM area. I'm not sure if I'm just paranoid, but it sounds like its getting louder with more miles. I have a large trip to Canada planned in July so I'm taking it in next week so they can figure out whats going on. Just wanted to reach out to the pro's here to see if you guys have dealt with this or have any ideas? Any help is very appreciated!! I have the V6, if that info is needed.

bijanjames

Adventurer
A slight and brief engine rattle on cold start is not abnormal for the VQ40, due to the oil being low in the pan. If my truck sits for several days it will do this on occasion. I've never experienced this during acceleration though. I'd check the oil level, which I'm sure you've done, and not really worry about. Since it is under warranty and if you have the time, a trip to the dealer should ease your mind though.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Cold start engine rattle is totally normal.

Honestly, I think a little rattle is kind of par for the course with this engine. Mine is a little bit rattly. Nothing serious or overly loud, and she runs like a Rolex, but the engine does rattle a little. From what I've read, this is a fairly common occurrence, and as I understand it overhead cam engines are in general a bit more noisy. That may or may not be correct.

All this being said, my truck has 158k miles on the clock. So mine is quite a bit more loosened up than yours. If you're genuinely worried, take it to Nissan and have them have a listen.

gtbensley

Explorer
Minke makes some noise when starting cold as well. If it does correspond with the oil change, maybe they didn't tighten the little port in the skid sheild where the oil filter is accessed and that's rattling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob