My 2016 frontier build and adventure thread!

BAH

Well, nice to see your rig. I'm also a WK owner, 3.0l diesel, now looking at a PRO 4x. Jeep is getting a little old and starting to cost a bit in repairs. Mainly body and driveline, engine is awesome.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
I really love my frontier. The wk was great too, but a small pick up just fits my needs a lot better. I'm sure you would be very happy with the pro.

kylevd23

Observer
Well, nice to see your rig. I'm also a WK owner, 3.0l diesel, now looking at a PRO 4x. Jeep is getting a little old and starting to cost a bit in repairs. Mainly body and driveline, engine is awesome.

You will definitely be happy with the Pro-4x, I just bought one several weeks ago as well, has a good driveline, rear locker, and most importantly for me, simplicity, everything has been aged quite well on them, and they are perfect for exploration.

mb1k

Observer

BAH,

I'm also a Jeep, but XK owner, 5.7L Hemi though and QDII. Curious to hear, PM me if you want, about your "old and starting to cost" issues. I'm closing in on 90,000 miles without a hiccup outside of a passenger side window regulator.

paroxysym

Adventurer
the ol WK just rolled over 170k, I think this is the dump money phase of the vehicle. but shes still reliable and payment free so im hanging on.

love the build, glad to see youre sticking to not messing with the suspension and such. love the scenary, 2017 im hoping to be an official resident of CO.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Today we went for a little road trip up to Mt. Evans. It's been years since I have been up there, it was awesome, but boy there was a ton of people.

Sent from my iPhone

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Platform version 2.0

Hey everyone,
So after some trips and experience with my platform I decided it was time for a refresh. My first version was a little to bulky and restrictive. So version 2.0 is much simpler and allows us to sleep in the bed.
So I placed the platform higher up on the cap lip and bolted with the topper tie downs.

Loaded up with all our sleeping gear, chairs, tables, cooler, and kitchen box, with plenty of room left in the bed.

My idea for camping is when we reach camp all the gear will be deployed (chairs, tables ect.) cooler and kitchen box will be moved up on top of the platform and sleeping pads, blankets, and sleeping bags will be laid out in the bed for sleeping.

My plan is also to purchase a DAC midsize truck tent to close up the truck end so we have a dry place to camp.

Sent from my iPhone

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
School me on tires

Hey guys, so my local dealership is having a sale on tires. Buy 3, 4th for a dollar. So I think it's time for an upgrade if the price is righ. I know I want the duratrac's in 265/75-16 but that's about the extent of my knowledge when it comes to tires. The dealership (who I don't fully trust) says these tires come in 6 ply and 10 ply. I am assuming 10 would be to much for the frontier. Is 6 what you guys recommend for a daily drive that goes offroad on the weekends? Does this wheel have other options that the dealership is not telling me about? Most my research rates tires as P, LT, C, D, and E. Do these ratings relate to the number of plies? Any additional info or links you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

justbecause

perpetually lost
I have general grabber at IIs 265/75/16 load range E. They ride a LOT better than the LT tires I replaced.

I have heard nothing but good things about duratrac, but even with a 4th tire free I would price check them against generals (which also have outstanding reviews) I got 60k miles out of my first set on a Rodeo and I believe I am on track to get similar on the frontier.

If you need a milder tire General is about to release another AT tire that is guaranteed 60k miles.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
So once again I took advantage of some parts Bijan was selling. This time it was his near new 265-75-16 cooper ST maxx tires. Although I just got them, all I can say is what a tire!! Plus it completely changed the look of the Fronty.

I am so happy with these tires and how they make the truck look. Can't wait to see how they perform. I am even questioning painting my rims black at this point, which is something I had been planning on doing since the beginning. Thoughts?

Will be getting better pics in the following weeks.

Sent from my iPhone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob