My 550 build The "Ford Escape"

billiebob

Just a comment.

I install wood stoves for a living. The shielding must allow air flow, open at the top and bottom using convection to move air/heat. Your side shield is boxed which will trap heat. The convection flow also distributes heat much better than just relying on radiation.

IMG_1851.jpeg

I suggest going here... and finding a WETT Certified Tech to consult with.... there is not much code compliant here.

Use the "Find a WETT Certified Professional. There are over 200 Inspectors plus Installers in Alberta.

billiebob

I actually suggest you go pound sand. Hava a closer look at the shield. Then go to Cubic Mini wood stoves and check out the shield. It is open! There is 1" space on the right shield, open bottom and very nice louvered vents on the top. Back shield has 3" clearance. Have a great day!
Like I said, I do this for a living, the Cubic Mini is not a certified appliance and there website is all about marketing, not code compliance. But sure I'll pound sand. Not sure why you are so defensive.

billiebob

After seeing what is used for "Appliances", Gas, Electric, and plumbing in the likes of places like Thailand, Belize and Mexico, I'm quite happy with this stove, it's installation, performance and safety. The reason I'm defensive is because you acted like a ********. If you had a reasonable suggestion it may have been taken differently. If you're really concerned maybe go outside and make sure all your neighbors are staying the required 2.0m apart to maintain social distancing. I'm taking my death trap for a rip.
Really, a ********, I suggest you call someone who is close by and WETT Certified for an opinion and you tell me to pound sand. I mention the shielding, which is totally non compliant in Canada or the USA or Europe restricts air flow, which also restricts circulation of heat and you tell me to pound sand..... Why not just use the link, find a WETT certified local guy and say "what do you think?" We live in Canada. In India they burn cow dung inside.

I do deal with this daily. I am a WETT Certified guy. I'm also on the WETBC Board and our National WETT INC Board. I'm not at all critical of your rig, I'm just saying get a local professional opinion. Alberta has at least 200 WETT Cerified installers and Inspectors.

Fatboyz

Observer
Nice that it's light until late. got some progress the last few days. Just need the upholstery shop to open up again. Still have little oak trim on the one bench and some hardware to put on the bathroom door.

Attachments

• IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2176.JPG
    IMG_2176.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2177.JPG
    IMG_2177.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 83

Fatboyz

Observer
Cupboards on the bed are done, final trim up top too. Got the oak trim on the boot rack. Got a temporary dinette table built while I wait for my daughter to build the Hickory permanent one. Going to be 1 1/2" thick like a butcher block. Just need to finish the FRP in the bathroom and the inside is done.

Attachments

• IMG_2190.JPG
    IMG_2190.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2191.JPG
    IMG_2191.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2194.JPG
    IMG_2194.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2195.JPG
    IMG_2195.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 56

Fatboyz

Observer
I had been planning to buy a Move bumper kit for the truck but with our exchange and the border closed I would have to pay crazy shipping to get it here. I was planning to drive to a border outlet and pick it up. Price to just get it here would be over $1700.00 so I'm building one from scratch. Got all the metal and if things go well I'll have it done this weekend. This is our Victoria day long weekend and it is notoriously crazy busy as it's the first long weekend after our long winters. With the last 3 Months dealing with Covid everyone's springs are wound even tighter. If our rescue team is busy the bumper might not get finished! Also going to order my winch.

Fatboyz

Observer
Well, I got the two mounting brackets "Almost" done. Just putting a new roll of wire in the Mig welder, and the calls came in. 12 hours, 3 calls and 2 medivacs later and I got home. Let's see if today is more productive!

Fatboyz

Observer
Got a bit done today. Cutting and welding all the angle plates tomorrow. Cutting and tapering the 8" channel was a PITA!

Attachments

• IMG_2206.JPG
    IMG_2206.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2207.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2209.JPG
    IMG_2209.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 67

Fatboyz

Observer
Got some deliveries today, The undermount box is a Chinese made and isn't super heavy duty but the door seals good. I'll put a piece of 1/2" treated plywood under it to give the bottom a little more strength. The buyers brand version was $1200.00 and this one was only $200.00

Attachments

• IMG_2224.JPG
    IMG_2224.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2225.JPG
    IMG_2225.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2226.JPG
    IMG_2226.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2227.JPG
    IMG_2227.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Fatboyz

Observer
Finally got the last of the painting done and the bull bar on the bumper. Just need to get my neighbor to weld the recovery tabs on with his big welder then box liner to finnish.

Attachments

• IMG_2235.JPG
    IMG_2235.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2239.JPG
    IMG_2239.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2240.JPG
    IMG_2240.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG