My Clam Shell "Tacoma Cabin" Build

Jake DeBrusk

Hey everyone!
Here is my "tacoma cabin" build. The truck itself is fairly basic for now, 2.5 inch fox lift, OME springs, 295/75 Toyos, and a lot of lights.
But the truck bed is a different story! I have a Harker Outdoors EDC from my clam shell camper. This is where the "cabin" comes into play. My EDC is fully powered by solar, and has a side mounted diesel heater, Iceco fridge, 7ft 5 x 4ft 10 sleeping platform on gas shocks, enclosed standing room including the tail gate, interior and exterior LED lights, a shower room, 270 awning, side mount bike rack, upper hatch that doubles as a side table, and plenty of room left for all my gas/water accessories. This is just the beginning for this cabin on wheels. Not only can you stand on the tail gate while the bed it down, when it is up there is enough room to sit 6 adults comfortably. The annex doors are also completely removable!
Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions for what I can add next!
DSC02932.jpgDSC02773.jpgDSC01080.jpgDSC01290.jpgIMG_9288.jpgIMG_9294.jpgIMG_9290.jpgIMG_9292.jpg

highwest

How does your diesel heater go with that much tent? We have one in our Flippac and last weekend was the first time we used it in the cold. Still trying to find the right thermostat setting to limit cycling on/off of the heater. Our previous heater in our A frame tent-trailer-thing had a “low” setting, no thermostat, and it just pumped low heat all night, it was great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy