My Conqueror and Rig!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Week before last, my good buddy Chris Robinson (dieselandmud) came over and helped me re-wire the trailer lights. We stripped the 16 pin Land Rover Military plug after discovering that almost all the wires of the 16 were not used or connected. We rewired it to take 7 blade round (US Standard). It was quite the ordeal of trial and error!.
We are going to run an anderson plug to the rear of the truck to connect the trailer battery. Is it recommended to place an isolator inline when doing this? or an inline fuse?

Here are some pics after having the wheels painted with the wrinkle paint to match the paint on the AEVs.

IMG_3665.jpg

The trailer is backed up on leveling blocks so it looks a little skewed.

IMG_3659.jpg

Chris also let me have a 6inch extension for the hitch. It allows me to not crimp a body panel on the Jeep when backing. It also allowed me to accomplish something great — I can actually open the rear door all the way- first time for me!

IMG_3662.jpg

and open:

IMG_3663.jpg

Thanks!
D

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
We rewired it to take 7 blade round (US Standard). It was quite the ordeal of trial and error!.
We are going to run an anderson plug to the rear of the truck to connect the trailer battery. Is it recommended to place an isolator inline when doing this? or an inline fuse?

Thanks!
D
On my JK, I ran a 10ga wire to my 7-blade for charging with a good fuse. Why the Anderson plug? You've got the extra space on the 7-blade. And it's a 160 Jeep alternator, not a LR...
Here's a gizmo you might like. http://www.lslproducts.com/ToadChargePage.html

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Bill:
Couple of reasons for not using the 7 blade.
I want to add a second battery in the Jeep and I already have dual batteries in the trailer. The wiring that was run to the 7 pin is extremely small gauge compared to what is on the trailer.
Thanks for the link- Seems like an inexpensive alternative to some of the other things out there!!
D

udoxx

Observer
Need some data

Dendy,

I would like for you to wake this thread up with some experiences pulling the Conqueror behind the '12 JKUR. I have the same vehicle and would love to know how well the Jeep pulls the trailers. I am considering several trailers but I feel this is the best caravan for my family of five. Any new info, I love your posts, so informative, thanks!

James Pierce

Adventurer
Dendy,

I would like for you to wake this thread up with some experiences pulling the Conqueror behind the '12 JKUR. I have the same vehicle and would love to know how well the Jeep pulls the trailers. I am considering several trailers but I feel this is the best caravan for my family of five. Any new info, I love your posts, so informative, thanks!

I agree! He has been a little laxed lately. Hopefully he's been out using it and that is his reason for not updating. FWIW his JKU is a very nicely built 2011.

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Thanks guys! I wish it was cause I was out roaming the country! Some short weekend runs, but nothing more.
Too much nose to the grind-stone lately!

The jeep pulls fine. (even as a 2011). It has more horse power and way newer technology than the 1995 Disco.
With the 5:13 gearing - it has plenty of get up and go! Honestly, I don't pull the trailer at 70mph anyway. I just feel like with a camper being pulled, that you should adjust your speed from driving without pulling. (truckers have a different notion!)

Anyway, hopefully as we near spring, I'll get out more.
Thanks for the kind words. James- you need a Conqueror!
Dendy

udoxx

Observer
Sounds good Dendy, and now I am not so concerned about pulling that behind my JKUR. However the more I consider it that trailer shipped to California is gonna be expensive!

udoxx

Observer
I am looking into a UEV-490, could settle for a UEV-440 but the 490 has eveything and can be used without setup in a pinch. The 490 seems better suited for a family of five also.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
udoxx- I know of someone else looking (or interested) in importing a Conqueror. Perhaps I can connect you two and there might be a way to save on some freight.
It would be kinda cool to know there are some more "recent" Conquerors in the States!
D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven