My current 6x6 project

rayra

Expedition Leader
I used to work Artillery Fire Direction out of a plywood shack built in the back of a 5-ton, but your beast seems a size larger riding on those bigger 'super single' tires and that 'cab over' design. Truly a monster.

fdcboy.jpg

dmstcdan

Observer
no way! why take away utility? its like slamming a 4x4 dually. why look like a pickup? a 6x6 is as close to a tank as I can get, this is IT in my eyes. The shortened ones may work better for others. I made the deck on purpose to carry toys/generator/ a place to bang off my boots before going inside. I plan on building a sliding tailgate so i can extend the bed a few feet if needed. Im going to chop the orig folding bed sides down and put them back on the rear.

Last edited:

dmstcdan

Observer
cool rig, do you have plans to lose the last rear axle and shorten the flatbed a bit, im sure you would still be well within the gvwr of the axles and tires, and it would look like a pickup on steroids!
http://www.100dollarman.com/trucks.html

An engineer buddy went their and checked those bobed trucks they pop the suspension off the m105 trailers then weld it directly to the frame of the truck. No thank you.

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I agree with the previous poster. Keep that rig 6x6 and lets see some more updates with TONS OF PICS!:drool:

dmstcdan

Observer
progress

I have the front all buttoned up. I put multiple layers of flashing and water proofing with weep holes for each. I added diamond plate up top to help keep branches from hitting the roof. The rear I framed out a large window for the bathroom. I also made the bathroom about 2.5x bigger. I moved the rear door over 10inches to passenger side. I cut the wrap around bench. I can keep the same amount of seating by installing a slide under the bench that will block the door while in use. Id much rather have a larger bathroom. I spun the toilet on an angle to allow for a normal sized person to use it. I built a shower pan out of ply and plan to line it in Linoleum. The rear I used 1 1/2in foam board R7.5 and also added a layer of foil.

Attachments

• camper front flashing.jpg
    camper front flashing.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 64
  • camper front.jpg
    camper front.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 62
  • camper rear1.jpg
    camper rear1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 64
  • camper rear2.jpg
    camper rear2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 65
  • camper rear3.jpg
    camper rear3.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 742
  • camper rear4.jpg
    camper rear4.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 61
  • camper rear5.jpg
    camper rear5.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 63

96Delica

Adventurer
That thing is unreal!! I love it! Finally got to see one up close the other day, very impressive! How are they on the roads? Capable of highway speeds and decent milage? Nice work, can't wait to see some more!

dmstcdan

Observer
That thing is unreal!! I love it! Finally got to see one up close the other day, very impressive! How are they on the roads? Capable of highway speeds and decent milage? Nice work, can't wait to see some more!

good road manners. cruises 65mph. 10mpg on highway. power steering. auto transmission. ctis. the cab is loud, im moving the exhaust and insulating the heck out of it so that should help alot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven