My LC120 series Prado

Mav

Observer
Hi All,

I am the forum Newby today, thought I would intro myself and show my rig. I don't think you guys in the US have this model LC I guess the FJ is a close stable buddy of it and the Lexus version is available there.

Anyway my Prado is a D4D VX model:

Prado5a.JPG

I have lifted the suspension 2" using a Bilstein Platinum lift kit. To this I have added Polyair airbag levelers in the rear.

The front has a Toyota Sovereign Bullbar plus Lightforce Blitz 240 HID spotlights.

Inside there is a Roadrover satnav with Ozzie Explorer loaded on it with dual headrest monitors for the kids in the back.

Also have a Scanguage II attached to the mirror.

Tyredog TPMS to keep an eye on the pressures when off road.

GME TX3440 UHF radio also for off road work.

Still running 17" Dunlop GrandTreks at the moment but looking forward to changing these with Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 4 rib tyres in the near future.

The wish list is a long one but definitely want to install a rear draw storage system and cargo barrier, roof rack and get a SPOT satellite system.

headrest7.JPG

headrest15.JPG

headrest3.JPG

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Welcome, nice to see your Prado.

I agree, manual T-case shifter and transmission, wish I could get that here.

Our 4Runner is very similar to your Land Cruiser 120. It's built on the same 120 platform, as is the slightly shortened FJC, but the 4Runner is more similar to your LC.

All Aussie Prado’s are IFS right, but available with a turbo-diesel engine?

Mav

Observer
Thanks for the welcome everyone, we just love getting out into the outback whenever we can. Just purchased a SPOT system last night from a US vendor on ebay. should be here by the end of next week. I like the idea of having something like this with me just in case cause temps out here can soar into the 120's during the day in summer.

Yes all Prados come with IFS and they are available in either V6 4 litre petrol or 3litre Common Rail Diesel (D4D).

Mine is the D4D, great engine but susceptible to the problems of dirty fuel. I have had one injector replaced but that was not a fuel related problem.

Cheers

Mav

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Mav said:
Just purchased a SPOT system last night from a US vendor on ebay. should be here by the end of next week. I like the idea of having something like this with me just in case cause temps out here can soar into the 120's during the day in summer.

SPOTs are good.

Do they not sell them in Australia?

Mav

Observer
Overland Hadley said:
SPOTs are good.

Do they not sell them in Australia?

Not at the moment but they are gearing up to sell them shortly. No doubt when they do the US sellers will not be able to sell them to customers here and the price here will undoubtly be 3 times the amount they are in the US.

The full service is available here.

Mav

Observer
In case anyone is interested in what the Prado can do I am currently organising a Pradopoint get together in the Northern Territory in Australia and I have created a simple website to cater for the event. On the website I have included videos of some of our members at play with their rigs. The videos are listed under the various members States as we are a national and international group. The website for viewing the videos is PradoPointGTG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk