My long trailer build

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Xtreme XJ said:
I too want to do this with a JEEP so I'll keep checking in for progress updates. I'm up in the air as to keep the O.E. diff. (if Ca. lets it by) or a lighter better ground clearance axle.....
A pre-built bolt together trailer wouldn't have the bolt pattern, ability to run a much larger tire, wouldn't last on trails and isn't as cool as a trailer that is built from the same manuf.
Cool stuff if done right.....

Curt :safari-rig:

2 words for you in you got a XJ -- MJ Bed! :)

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Xtreme XJ said:
I too want to do this with a JEEP so I'll keep checking in for progress updates. I'm up in the air as to keep the O.E. diff. (if Ca. lets it by) or a lighter better ground clearance axle.....
A pre-built bolt together trailer wouldn't have the bolt pattern, ability to run a much larger tire, wouldn't last on trails and isn't as cool as a trailer that is built from the same manuf.
Cool stuff if done right.....

Curt :safari-rig:
Based on my experience I doubt KA cares about much so long as they get their registration money and it has a serial number on it. If you do build it from a p'up bed I was told that we would need something showing what we paid for it. Didn't need it & our local DMV isn't the most accommodating.

On the serial number thing. We didn't know it, but had we marked the trailer with some sort of S/N we could have chosen it. How cool is that? Vanity Serial numbers! Since we hadn't done that we got the state's next assigned s/n. The gal told us to stamp the number on their sticker in two places. One obvious and one where only we'd know where it was.

Some states. like Oregon, don't even require a plate on a trailer if it's under some minimum weight.

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
highlandercj-7 said:
2 words for you in you got a XJ -- MJ Bed! :)

And a few more words...... That is my intention.... you read my mind... a long bed cause I a big SOB & I want to sleep 4 adults.....
Now I need some (actually a lot) time & a straight long bed.

Curt
:safari-rig:

Dietrich

Custom built always beats out!

Find a classy way to mount up and show off your two extra matching wheels. Your trailer will be extra slick because its the same make and similar year to your truck, not just something randomly hitched up to it.:Mechanic:

dlbrunner

Adventurer
Dietrich said:
Find a classy way to mount up and show off your two extra matching wheels. Your trailer will be extra slick because its the same make and similar year to your truck, not just something randomly hitched up to it.:Mechanic:

That was the Idea, same generation Toyotas.

One spare will be underneath the trailer in the Tire carrier location. I will have a second spare under my tow rig, so I will have 8 tires total. I have always liked to carry 2 spares, the one time I didn't, I got 2 flats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat