My New Conqueror Conquest

WMac

Adventurer
Well................Im Home....and its absoutly Phenomenal. :wings::wings::wings::wings:

Ive been on the road since yesterday morning @ 5:00am and its 4:30pm the next day.....So Goodnight.

Ill talk to you all tomorrow and post some pictures.

Dendy,

Ill need to speak with you on the electrical. The trailer is wired to a 7way american plug. Marco stated that it takes two hot leads for the battery in the trailer to be properly hooked to the transport vehicle so it will charge while being towed.

Also there is a built in battery charger and a Battery isolator switch.
I assume the charger is when it's plugged into 120v

the isolator switch, Im unsure of. (maybe this is the two hot lead thing)

anyway it's really REALLY Nice. and Im excited and tired and *%#@
so ill check in in the morning.

:tent:

Wade.

WMac

Adventurer
Well Got my first Good Look at it, and can't be any happier. :wings::wings::wings:

It came with every option available and then some. :elkgrin:

Carpeting for the bottom of the tent
(6) Really nice folding chairs
Propane Gas Stove

85L National Luna Fridge
the wardrobe.

Hey, I even got a Conqueror Outdoor Shirt that was in the wardrobe.
and its my size.

And Everything is Brand new Un-used.
Silverware and such is still in the plastic.

New 12-2008 Yellow top Battery (had to remove the plastic tabs to hook up)

Ill set the tent up this afternoon and have a look.

Our drive was excellent. we stayed at the South Shore B&B.
This place was spectacular. Over looks Watcome Lake, Resident Bald Eagles.
and our host was second to none.

The trailer pulls like a dream, No issues. NONE.

Definitely TWO VERY HAPPY CAMPERS. :camping:

WMac

Adventurer
Here are some quick pictures.

100_3921.jpg

100_3920.jpg

100_3918.jpg

100_3917.jpg

XJBANKER

Explorer
It looks great. I still pull mine out of the garage and play with it about once to twice a week. I really wish mine would have had the fridge. I just have to use a cooler for now. I also moved my propane bottle holders to the back like in the video.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
What a sweet set up! Nice purchase. Looking forward to seeing your camp set ups. Well done. :wings::victory:

WMac

Adventurer
Wade-

That thing looks great. They really are nice trailers. The tents seem to be pretty superior too.

The tent is real heavy and very well constructed.
I have to tell you, The misquito net in the windows is just over the top. I would hate to see the bugs in Africa.

WMac

Adventurer
Well....... that was a 6 hour adventure into the South Afircan World of Wiring.

After 4 hours of tracing, testing, energizing, and blowing fuses. I completly re-wired the trailer.

It was just weird...... A hot lead that would make the running lights work, would then become a Ground, when the hot lead to the Battery was made hot.

Hook up the Brake lights they work fine. Then Hook up the running lights and the fuse blows on the brake lights.

Anyway I left the original wire loom in place and disconnected it all and made a complete new wire loom harness for the entire trailer.

Now it work's fine.

I would love to get my hands on a copy of the wire harness schematic, as well as an Owners Manual.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Well....... that was a 6 hour adventure into the South Afircan World of Wiring.

Anyway I left the original wire loom in place and disconnected it all and made a complete new wire loom harness for the entire trailer.

Now it work's fine.

I would love to get my hands on a copy of the wire harness schematic, as well as an Owners Manual.

You and me both!
You did what I did. Left original wiring in place and cut the ends and wired my own harness. Unfortunately, now the mini plug for the fridge isn't working in the rear or the overhead light.
I e-mailed S.A. for months and what I got for a wiring schematic was what I posted.

It was weird however, someone suggested in Africa that instead of one ground and many hots, that they run one hot and many grounds and that it was feeding back on the truck's system.

Perhaps we will all figure it out one day.

Thanks
D

WMac

Adventurer
You and me both!
You did what I did. Left original wiring in place and cut the ends and wired my own harness. Unfortunately, now the mini plug for the fridge isn't working in the rear or the overhead light.
I e-mailed S.A. for months and what I got for a wiring schematic was what I posted.

It was weird however, someone suggested in Africa that instead of one ground and many hots, that they run one hot and many grounds and that it was feeding back on the truck's system.

Perhaps we will all figure it out one day.

Thanks
D

Exactly Dendy,

A hot lead is a hot lead.........Well until you hook up the X-Lights then its a ground and blow's the fuse.......Go Figure.

Hey, Maybe its that funny jumper wire thing from 7 to 5 we all talk about.

But what do I know, Im just an Architect, Not an electrical engineer. :coffee:

WMac

Adventurer
Hey Dendy,

So do I understand that you have the side curtins ?

If so lets talk. I have a long time friend that owns Portland Top and Trim, I would like to get some pictures of it, as well as some measurments so I can have some made.

Or is there a place that we can order these from and get them in a timley fashion ?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Well, I thought that I was buying 4 of them. Instead I got 1.
I have a friend in Washington State that owns a Defender 90. Her Mom is from S.A. and brought it back in her luggage. It was $100.00.

If you go to MY NEW RIG post ... there is a set up video clip of a Conquest being set up.
You will see that there (in S.A.) ... they use one as a wind break. I actually wanted to enclose the entire canopy. (kinda a good thing with kids).

I can for sure take dimensions and pictures for you.
D

indiedog

Adventurer
Sorry, off topic observation here.

But what do I know, Im just an Architect, Not an electrical engineer.

Man, how many architects and like persons are lurking on this site! :) Either we are all out of work and have time to fill in (my hand is in the air) or we appreciate good design in all things.

Apart from that, I do admire the Conqueror, I just wish it could carry gear for my never ending renovation!

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Well, I'm a mechanical engineer, but dabble in electrical stuff too. Sounds like the system might be a "sink" instead of "source" system. Instead of grounding the system, and supplying individual hots, you supply one hot, and switch the grounds on and off. Heck, you never know, maybe it was a positive ground... There's different ways of doing things. All are acceptable, we just only know what is convention here.

WMac

Adventurer
Well,......Today is the day that we embark upon the Five day Maiden Voyage.

Were heading into the back woods of Oregon's Coastal range, Tillamook Forest. to Lyda Camp.

Its some has of the nicest (hundreds of miles) OHV trails in the Pacific NW. including some of the greatest views as well. alot of the back roads go to diffrent summits and have spectacular views. To the east is the Pacific Ocean, and West is the Cascade Mt Range.

If you've been, and played here. You know how fortunate we are to have such a playground in our backyard. If not VISIT HERE. You wont regret it.
here is a snap shop from Goole Earth.

LydaCampsw.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater