My Range Rover has New Sliders!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
shartzer said:
Those rock sliders look great. I emailed Jon and the price is very resonable.

Does anyone have any pictures of the backside of the slider? Rock sliders are next on my list of modifications to do and I really like the idea of frame mounting. It would be great to see how they are engineered before I purchase.

I sent them to Jon so he could explain what's going on!

toyota_jon

Adventurer
Here's a pic of how they mount. Fairly straight forward, and minimal hassles when installing.

IMG_0349.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
azarmadillo said:
The ones from Slickrock are far better in my opinion. They fully channel the sill protecting more than just the door panels.

Photos of the install:
http://www.azlro.org/photos/v/Repair-Tech/Rock-Slider-Installation/

I had a set of sills.... Bent the crud out of the doors, oblonged the mounting holes in the sill and I never trusted them after that! Plus I did a lot of damage to the sill still!! I am glad the sill mount style works for you, it was a bad purchase for me!

frank84

Observer
I ended up making a pair for my RRC a few years ago. I don't have the best picture of the final product on my computer, but it gives you an idea. The CAD pic probably shows them best.

I didn't need anything hardcore so I stuck with 1/8" material and kept them relatively light. The sills were also sleeved for each bolt. They were a pain to make but they were a fun fab project for me to practice cutting/welding.

Attachments

• sliders.jpg
    sliders.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC01388.JPG
    DSC01388.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob