need bigger tires

mwalser

I'm wondering if i could squeeze 315/70-17s on my 2000 Ford Expedition with just a torsion bar crank and a 1 inch spacer???? mainly because i found a set of bfg a/ts that are basically brand new for $200!!!!

mwalser

really

I know I'll have to take off the running boards but I wander how much I'll have to trim? I'm not scared to trim to much away....

bdbecker

Adventurer
Even with a 3" lift, you'll still see rubbing with 305's if you don't do some trimming on the bumper, 315's will probably be even more of a hassle. Besides, once you start getting tires that big, you'll need to start thinking about a regear. 285's fit no problem, 295's rub a little, but a spacer can probably fix that.

If you're looking for tires on the cheap, check out treadwright.com - I've heard a lot of good things about them, and will be ordering a set soon.

rob845

I have 285's on mine with no issues ( 1999 XLT ) I am also wanting 315's but I won't try until I get a 3/2 lift

coder

285/70-17 or 295/70-17 is the biggest you can go without rubbing it's the width not the height that is the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism