Needed Asap Manual Hubs GEN 2 / 2.5 ?? I have looked

PacS14

Adventurer
Hey guys. Just wondering if the fhm-002 hubs will work on a 97 Montero SR. I believe it will, but was hoping one of you can confirm. I trust you guys more than some random website

Last time I checked FHM-002 will fit all full size Monteros, from gen 1-2.5 when in doubt search the Aisin website and look at their fitment chart.

MrJeebs

I'm also interested, assuming they will fit my 95 LS? I tried to look up via the Aisin site, but the cross reference pdf returned a 404 error not found... First post here, lots of good advice and friendly folks. Looking forward to learning!

MrJeebs

Ok so according to AIsin, they do not make a hub for my LS. This is the reply to an inquiry I made to Aisin:

"Hello,

Thank you very much for contacting Aisin.
This is Mike from Los Angeles office, we specialize in the Aisin aftermarket products.

In fact FHM-002 would fit Montero up to 1989 model year only and unfortunately,
Aisin does not offer a free wheel hub to the specific application you mentioned below.

Please feel free to contact us if you have further question on this matter.

Sincerely,

Mike
Aisin World Corp. of America"

Why would they say this if members know for a fact they do have hubs for Gen 1 through 2.5?

I'm also interested, assuming they will fit my 95 LS? I tried to look up via the Aisin site, but the cross reference pdf returned a 404 error not found... First post here, lots of good advice and friendly folks. Looking forward to learning!

I ran a pair of Aisin manual hubs on my 95 LS for about 6 years. As far as I know, all the Aisin manual hubs for Mitsubishi's are interchangable. I have 7 Mitsubishi manual hubs from various years. They are all identical.

freewayross

Adventurer
Ok so according to AIsin, they do not make a hub for my LS. This is the reply to an inquiry I made to Aisin:

"Hello,

Thank you very much for contacting Aisin.
This is Mike from Los Angeles office, we specialize in the Aisin aftermarket products.

In fact FHM-002 would fit Montero up to 1989 model year only and unfortunately,
Aisin does not offer a free wheel hub to the specific application you mentioned below.

Please feel free to contact us if you have further question on this matter.

Sincerely,

Mike
Aisin World Corp. of America"

Why would they say this if members know for a fact they do have hubs for Gen 1 through 2.5?

That is because they only know what the book/maual says (or company recommends)..... anything out of context, they would just say "NO". That's their training. Since Gen II's never came with manual hubs from factory, AISIN being the OEM supplier never made it for Gen II's officially....... Although depending on who you ask at Aisin you will get different answer. If the Aisin employee is technically sound enough to understand that the spline count is same..... you would have gotten a different answer!

I fitted FHM- 002 on my 99 3 weeks back without any problem.

plh

Explorer
1982 to 2000 Mitsubishi Montero
1998 - 2004 Montero Sport
1987 to 1989 Dodge Raider
1982 to 1993 Dodge Ram D50 4x4 Pick-up
thru 1981 Plymouth Arrow D50 4x4 Pick-up
1982 to 1994 Mitsubishi MightyMax 4x4 Pick-up

Montero_cruz

Patrick Cruz
I want to buy a set, but I haven't received any info on how to do it. Cruiseroutfit, please let me know your ordering process. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk

Members online