New camper Northstar TC-650

450 DUDE

Adventurer
Just got the new camper this weekend .
I have 3 nights in it and its better than great.
I will post more info later....

ken

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 385

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Nice!

Great setup! We've had ours on two trucks and many Baja trips and a few desert ones. No leaks and everything's still square. It's nice having all the amenities in maybe two minutes max. The Fantastic Fan in reverse pulls those sides in nicely. Have fun!

Bcghosttowns

Adventurer
Please post info and maybe pictures of your mounting points.I am looking for options other than a belly bar.thanks.

450 DUDE

Adventurer
I did the Happijac stuff. very "happi" with it :ylsmoke:
Very simple system with 2 little buttons on the rear bumper and a bar bolted through the front of the bed.
I will snap some pics aswell...

ken

Please post info and maybe pictures of your mounting points.I am looking for options other than a belly bar.thanks.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I did the Happijac stuff. very "happi" with it :ylsmoke:
Very simple system with 2 little buttons on the rear bumper and a bar bolted through the front of the bed.
I will snap some pics aswell...

ken
Hopefully,your kit came with the vertical bars that bolt to the crossmember under the bed. That makes it a frame mount system. If you just have the "ears" and the horizontal bar with the centering rubber deals it's going to be sketchy. The sheet metal on these new trucks is pretty thin. I had just the ears w/stabilizer bar on the '98.5 but this time I added the framemount upgrade. You will need the 2" riser kit also to compensate for the high bedrails,same as needed as on the Fords.

zidaro

Explorer
Looks great, lots of details please with photos too. Dont worry about boring us to death- you aren't.
Did you consider others (like the Hallmark MilnerLX) and what made you choose the Northstar TC650?
My wife and I are ready to drop the bomb with our new Tundra, but have yet to decide which direction to aim. Looking forward to your experiences/opinion on this.
Congratulations,
aaron

450 DUDE

Adventurer
Looks great, lots of details please with photos too. Dont worry about boring us to death- you aren't.
Did you consider others (like the Hallmark MilnerLX) and what made you choose the Northstar TC650?
My wife and I are ready to drop the bomb with our new Tundra, but have yet to decide which direction to aim. Looking forward to your experiences/opinion on this.
Congratulations,
aaron

I did look at other manf's and there are some good ones.
This camper is for the family so I wanted it loaded with all the stuff.
So with all the options I priced myself out of the market on the usual suspects.
I checked many lesser brands new and used and was saddened..
After looking @ and into Northstar I gave Rex a call , Out of all the other companies I called He was clearly the guy I wanted to buy from!

The construction is top notch and will no doubt last (I play a structural expert on TV) .
If your looking for a bare bones backcountry box this is not the one .

Feel free to contact me with any other ?'s

ken

HTH
ken

450 DUDE

Adventurer
More pics:

Attachments

• DSC_0140.jpg
    DSC_0140.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC_0141.jpg
    DSC_0141.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC_0142.jpg
    DSC_0142.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 210

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I have the Happi-Jacks on my truck and have since 2002 when the truck was new. I have a Lance 10' and it has been to the tip of Baja three time, BC and almost in everystate west of the Mississippi. I do have the "frame tie" ins for the front brackets.

Coast in Baja

Central Nevada

395 down by Mammoth

Have fun with the camper. We do.:smiley_drive:

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk