New inTech Luna Rover - Off-Road Unveiling

MrOffshore

Observer
Hey guys, inTech is about to unveil their new Luna Rover, the off-road version of the popular Luna and Luna Lite teardrop camper. The unveiling will be on a Facebook Live Event on their Facebook page on Thursday August 16 at 8PM EST. Check it out if you're interested.

Attachments

• Rover Gausian Effect.jpg
    Rover Gausian Effect.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 116

MrOffshore

Observer
It's funny say that...I just said the same thing to one of our sales guys...the new Luna Rover has a completely different attitude than the other Luna trailers...it's really a "tough" looking trailer and I don't think a picture brings that out nearly as much as seeing it in person. Great observation!!

dreadlocks

no offense intended, but your marketing dept/person has some serious room for improvement.. your doing great on forums and facebook, but I bought my camper sight unseen and am not on facebook.. Getting pics that had not been photoshopped, and had scale references was neigh impossible.. I was looking at ads on outdorsey for better photos.. I think the luna suffers the same problems, your marketing pics dont illustrate how nice that curved window is from the inside.. My local dealer had just 2 of your trailers, a luna and explore.. until they start stocking more inventory or you build out a better distribution network I think you would see good returns if you invested more into internet side.

My wife let you use one of our photos, then Intech posted a terrible photoshopped version a different trailer behind it and the scale was way off. You needa let your photoshop guy take each one out on a lil road trip taking ************ pics along the way hooked to real vehicles and not photoshoped ones, and a couple of youtube tours showing off everything and keep reference objects in frame so people get a good sense of scale.. like plates in the kitchen cabinets when you take a pic of just the inside of the cabinet, otherwise it could be huge or it could be small.. Go get a nice modern 4k camera that shows alot of your craftsmanship, also dont forget to point it under the trailer at the structure so you can show off the aluminum metal work.

Love your Trailers but it seems like your trying to keep em a secret, I'm a pretty good researcher and the fact it took me so long to find you guys is not good.. I searched the internet and forums for 6 months before I completely stumbled upon the Discover, IIRC I did a google image search for "RV Garage" looking for ideas on building a garage to hold a camper I had already picked out.. In all my searches of toy haulers, mini toy haulers, cargo campers, and just browsing thousands of pages of for sale pages hoping to find something new and interesting, I never saw an InTech appear once..

Also was totally surprised when I picked up my InTech that it had axle-less suspension, and that the hitch ball was 2 5/16.. seems with all the info in spec page these were overlooked.. I do love you provide blueprints, like nobody else does that.. if you could expand em to include interior stuff like pullouts/cabinets, wiring locations tha'd be even better.

Just some feedback, take it or leave it.

Last edited:

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
Great another fiberglass bodied, torsion axle camper trailer that says off road but is actually no better that a standard camper trailer with fancy wheels and tires. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dreadlocks

I dont think InTech builds any trailers w/solid axle and leaf springs.. compared to the regular luna its not much but a lift, tires, roof bars, and a windshield protector.. but since they come with a fully welded aluminum cage/framing and dexter torsion axles they are a bit better than a standard camper trailer with fancy tires IMO.. the luna didnt need much to make it more appropriate for single track and backcountry use, mebe not rock climbing and hardcore stuff, but a true wheeling trailer and an offroad trailer can be miles apart in capabilities, especially considering most cheap steel and stick travel trailers start falling apart on just gravel roads..

I think it shoulda came with a lock-n-load hitch or something similar tho..

Last edited:

MrOffshore

Observer
Since you guys are marketing here on this forum you could consider becoming a sponsor here.
I started on this forum quite some time ago, before I was building RV's and just used it to learn a little bit more about the expedition lifestyle (I own an FZJ80 Land Cruiser. It was actually this forum/website that helped to inspire me to start manufacturing adventure trailers. I used the forum to get some good input from the members and since then have not tried to market my products here, but rather just let people know when something new comes out as it's newsworthy to the group...I don't spam the site or continually promote my products. I try to spend as much if not more time simply answering trailer questions, even those that don't apply to my products. All of that said, our company would not be adverse to advertising and supporting this website, we had actually not considered that before as we didn't know what the costs would be. If someone wants to reach out to us with advertising costs or the cost to sponsor this section of the forum we would be more than happy to review it and consider it. I can be emailed at rich@intechrv.com. We're always interested in finding new avenues to promote our products, but I didn't actually consider announcing a product as a long standing fan and user of the website as over-promoting...we definitely aren't looking to offend anyone of the site or the owners. It's usually a slippery slope, we try to push the envelope of it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

MrOffshore

Observer
no offense intended, but your marketing dept/person has some serious room for improvement.. your doing great on forums and facebook, but I bought my camper sight unseen and am not on facebook.. Getting pics that had not been photoshopped, and had scale references was neigh impossible.. I was looking at ads on outdorsey for better photos.. I think the luna suffers the same problems, your marketing pics dont illustrate how nice that curved window is from the inside.. My local dealer had just 2 of your trailers, a luna and explore.. until they start stocking more inventory or you build out a better distribution network I think you would see good returns if you invested more into internet side.

My wife let you use one of our photos, then Intech posted a terrible photoshopped version a different trailer behind it and the scale was way off. You needa let your photoshop guy take each one out on a lil road trip taking ************ pics along the way hooked to real vehicles and not photoshoped ones, and a couple of youtube tours showing off everything and keep reference objects in frame so people get a good sense of scale.. like plates in the kitchen cabinets when you take a pic of just the inside of the cabinet, otherwise it could be huge or it could be small.. Go get a nice modern 4k camera that shows alot of your craftsmanship, also dont forget to point it under the trailer at the structure so you can show off the aluminum metal work.

Love your Trailers but it seems like your trying to keep em a secret, I'm a pretty good researcher and the fact it took me so long to find you guys is not good.. I searched the internet and forums for 6 months before I completely stumbled upon the Discover, IIRC I did a google image search for "RV Garage" looking for ideas on building a garage to hold a camper I had already picked out.. In all my searches of toy haulers, mini toy haulers, cargo campers, and just browsing thousands of pages of for sale pages hoping to find something new and interesting, I never saw an InTech appear once..

Also was totally surprised when I picked up my InTech that it had axle-less suspension, and that the hitch ball was 2 5/16.. seems with all the info in spec page these were overlooked.. I do love you provide blueprints, like nobody else does that.. if you could expand em to include interior stuff like pullouts/cabinets, wiring locations tha'd be even better.

Just some feedback, take it or leave it.

I know the image your referencing and I know our marketing guy really liked that image, but felt he couldn't use it because we don't build the Discover any longer, so he tried to fit an Explore into the image...actually, he should have reached out to you to make certain you didn't mind. We've always sort of relied on owners to supply us with images...we live in pretty flat country here in upper central Indiana. It's tough to take the time to travel for good photos, so you see a lot of photoshopping going on unfortunately...just something to set the trailer in the environment it is supposed to be used in.

I really appreciate the feedback you gave, it's important for us to see what people are thinking, especially when it comes to how you found us. We used to run some decent Google Adword campaigns, but walked away from it as we found our marketing dollars were getting far better measurable results on Facebook...that said, we had just discussed the idea of running a few more Google Adwords to see how they perform. You never want to put too many eggs in one basket, that's for sure.

We don't hear a lot of complaints on making certain there is perspective to the trailers so that people have a better idea to size, but internally we discuss it a lot as we feel it's important. We've tried to incorporate this whenever possible, but haven't done the best job, especially with the interiors...so you have some very valid points. I'll discuss this with our team and make some changes in the upcoming months...thanks again and as always, we appreciate you as a customer!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle