New Kayak Waterfall Record Set

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
What's crazy is I just looked at the former record holder at 108 ft. Whats even crazier is I sort of know that guy I had no idea...

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Great interview. That crew's been running around for a while now. He mentions Ben Stookesbury whos been showing a "Hotel Charlie" movie series with our local ww guys for a few years now.

Thanks for the link. Next time I'm down that way I'll have to cruise by and take a look...without my boat!

Last edited:

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Crazy.. I mentioned it earlier but I know Tyler pretty well. He was on first leg of the Kavu Elements tour that drove around the country in a figure 8 and then on from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego on vegetable oil in an old RHD Toyota firetruck. They are gearing up for their 2010 tour using gassification technology which will also be very interesting...

http://naturepropelled.com/elements.html

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I have to give the guy credit for having the stones to huck that thing but you really have to call it what it is, a stunt. Like I mentioned earlier I would be much more impressed with a 30-40 footer with a nasty lead in and a technical exit. This is like the ski community a few years ago seeing who could throw themselves off the tallest thing around.

salsataco

Adventurer
There is no world record for nastiest lead in........ Plus that could be way more dangerous. A local guy here just did Glen Ellis in NH a 60+. Not a great lead in and not much room for recovery. He went over backwards. Lucky guy. I limit my paddling stupidity a lot more now. Well except for that serious swell we got last fall on the south coast. HUGE :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal