new nps300 crewcab

yeah had to fit side markers as its 2.2....

the crane is mainly for lifting trail bikes and 5kva diesel generator. might also put the 2 spares on the roof depending on the departure angle effects. but will also help when i do rally support etc.

isuzu has 5 pull off tanks at 200l each but id prefer on big tank on the floor next to the crane than putting weight behind the wheels.

floor is 60% done have been cutting the 3mm checker to fit when ive had spare time today. Have to stop so i cen get it off to the signwriters at 8am.

latest additions:

DSCF0038.jpg

Witchdoctor Oz

Adventurer
The graphics make a big difference to the look of the truck, very nice. What type of after maket seats are in the front?
The crew cab is our next buy.

i've given it some limited testing so far its been fine, height and reach are similar to the patrol, small mods to the legs for it to come off easy, but otherwise happy as larry thus far. plus the new kitchen mods go in during jan to make cooking even easier for my chef (i'm still not giving him a microwave no mater how much he begs)

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
stratos ltss, they can only do the driver they cant do a passenger due to the engine hatch

Hi Travis,

Mate, the artwork really looks the part . Well done!!

BTW We've been working on a crew cab, front passenger seat, sub frame to suit the LTSS suspension base for a while now. One that still allows engine access obviously. Still have to get some engineering approvals cause we want to loose the main cross tube at the same time but it should eventually be OK. There's just a couple of other projects taking urgent priority at the moment. Probably only for the Fuso FG84DEW when it happens due to the numbers but if it can be adapted to the NPS crew I'll let you know for sure. Probably should be come to think of it.

As I said earlier I'm very very keen to see how you go with this truck. IMO the NPS crew is one of the nicest 4x4 vehicles we have access too and I'm amazed we don't see more modified ones for private and Eco-tour use. Again >> congrats so far.

4995337930_c08cb81012_z.jpg

PS What do you use the crane for ?? It doesn't have anything to do with getting the camper off does it?

John.

Last edited:
nah i have an 800l diesle tank that goes next to it, and i also support motorbike tours. i've just oredered a 5kva diesel genny for the canning stock route in may id rather not have to lift it on and off by hand...

its a temp while a headboard intergrated one is fabbed up.

whatcharterboat

i've just oredered a 5kva diesel genny for the canning stock route in may id rather not have to lift it on and off by hand...

Yep, that makes sense. The 5kva diesel gennies we market are something like 120kg. Ouch....compo claim coming up. Lol.

DG4LE.jpg

I was also toying with using it for cab tilt ??

Not sure that you'd get enough lift but it'd be really neat if you could pull that off. Think safety though if you want to undergo that type of system. If some mechanic ever got hurt you'd never hear the end of it. There's a lot of weight in those cabs. I looked at a crewcab tilt awhile ago using a Hilift jack but just couldn't get it high enough and imagine that the final head board crane will have to be really well thought out if you plan on this and maybe a double safety prop once it's up. If you look at any OE cab prop (on a single cab), they all have double safetys. So not only a safety catch but then an extra safety pin to lock the safety catch. ..........And even the tilt release requires 3 separate actions before you can release the cab.

So , in your case , I guess you'll have a fixed length pole as a prop with a socket at the top and bottom.....then maybe 2 would be safer. One going back to each chassis rail. Was that the plan?

Last edited:
most highlifts are only rated to 1200kgs the ram on the crane is a 3 tonne, i'm adding a winch aswell help if i need to load 44's or a tinny on the roof....:smiley_drive:

saw one of your trucks here yesterday had a good peek at the shockies and fuel and water tanks.....

whatcharterboat

most highlifts are only rated to 1200kgs the ram on the crane is a 3 tonne,

Yeah, it wasn't the load rating.......just couldn't get it high enough.

the ram on the crane is a 3 tonne,

But how much is the crane rated to lift with the jib extended enough to give you the required travel to lift the cab high enough to access the engine? Still enough though, I hope.

Travis, please don't get me wrong. Not trying to put a damper on it....... just throwing things at you to help make sure you've got it covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat