New/old trailer build 1966 Apache Raven tent trailer

slawson2000

I was just curious if there would be so much water the weight would cause a problem. More curious than anything else. I am in a perpetual state of design and am always looking for ideas...

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
I was just curious if there would be so much water the weight would cause a problem. More curious than anything else. I am in a perpetual state of design and am always looking for ideas...

I don't think they would ever get enough water in them for weight to be an issue. As a structure they are pretty strong.

jdavis

Observer
Wish I'd realized you were at the rally, would of loved to have looked at the trailer.

I'm thinking about buying this http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/rvs/4568218072.html trailer and building it up similar to yours.

Have until tomorrow to decide on the purchase....

~ Jon

Still enjoying the trailer, no other changes to report- hard to believe it's been a year already since I finished it! Just got back from another great NW overland rally with it.

ade3enu6.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
JDavis! $300.00? Buy that awesome trailer. The canvas looks good.
you could easily double your money if you decided to sell it.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
That's cool to find another one! Not bad depreciation either, I think those were like $749 new in '68, but then a gallon of gas was .20, a loaf of bread was .25, a beer was .50 as well as a pack of smokes. Still had penny candy and Saturday afternoon movies were a quarter, but they got you on the big popcorn at .75! That's a great find, nothing like that happens here!

Terrific build job BTW. :)

jdavis

Observer
Sorry to hijack your thread Psycohosquirrel. I bought the Apache :wings:

Here's quick snapshot of it just before arriving at its new home.

WP_20140716_003.jpg

I might take you up on the offer Psycohosquirrel. Would like to do a similar build to your but probably 31's or 33's.

And I just live up the road in Renton.

Attachments

• WP_20140716_003.jpg
    WP_20140716_003.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 80

Woods

Explorer
SCORE!

Looking forward to seeing the evolution.

View attachment 236338

I might take you up on the offer Psycohosquirrel. Would like to do a similar build to your but probably 31's or 33's.

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials

View attachment 236338

Great congrats! Post up a build thread and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. If you want to come by the shop sometime and check out my trailer to get a better look just let me know. It's in auburn near the airport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach