New/old trailer build 1966 Apache Raven tent trailer

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Looking great. It's good to see it getting used this time of year. Just wondering if you have any info you can share on the shocks you ended up using. I'll be looking to spec out some for my air bag suspension soon and any help / feedback is appreciated.

Mike

Thanks mike. I'll try and dig through my info if I get some time after work.

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

Expedition Essentials

Looking great. It's good to see it getting used this time of year. Just wondering if you have any info you can share on the shocks you ended up using. I'll be looking to spec out some for my air bag suspension soon and any help / feedback is appreciated.

Mike

Mike: these are the shocks I used for my build. They couldn't have worked out better, dampening adjustability: perfect for this light trailer. The trailer is smooth as can be on washboard roads etc.

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/rancho_9000.cfm

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

Expedition Essentials

I do have an update; As of today the tent was picked up to get some modifications done.

After spending some time in the trailer with the original tent through some pretty heavy downpours and staying completely dry: I decided to stick with the original canvas tent. I really like the heavy quality of it and really don't think I would be able to duplicate it.

The improvements going to be made are adding zip open roll up windows on both bed ends, new pinch welt all around and pockets for storage added over the bench area.

Should look and work great when done!

yukonflyer

Observer
you foster ideas

Hey Great build thread.
That is certainly a nice looking trailer.

I've got a mid '70's A-frame trailer. So far i've put a new axle under it and lifted it about 12" with the axle and larger wheels, makes it much more trailable.
Next I've got to strengthen the frame, for which you've given me some ideas. Thanks!

What is the hitch your using? I take it that it gives good roll articulation?

Expedition Essentials

Hey Great build thread.
That is certainly a nice looking trailer.

I've got a mid '70's A-frame trailer. So far i've put a new axle under it and lifted it about 12" with the axle and larger wheels, makes it much more trailable.
Next I've got to strengthen the frame, for which you've given me some ideas. Thanks!

What is the hitch your using? I take it that it gives good roll articulation?

Thanks: glad I could help! I am using the max coupler I purchased from http://store.adventuretrailers.com/products/Max-Coupler.html

Really great hitch with unlimited roll articulation, I use it both on and off road.

RJ40

Adventurer
That is one sweet build! So cool to resurrect old stuff! Can I ask a favor? Could you post some detail shots on the rear swing out, especially the hinge and latch. Looks very functional, and I'd like to see if I can incorporate a similar design on my m416. Double shear seems to be pretty stout and you don't need a massive pivot point!

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater