New/old trailer build 1966 Apache Raven tent trailer

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
That is one sweet build! So cool to resurrect old stuff! Can I ask a favor? Could you post some detail shots on the rear swing out, especially the hinge and latch. Looks very functional, and I'd like to see if I can incorporate a similar design on my m416. Double shear seems to be pretty stout and you don't need a massive pivot point!

Cheers!

I can do that if you can give me a couple days!

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

Rippin'AV

Adventurer
Awesome trailor man! Inspired to someday build something similar to drag behind my Jeep. Sub'd for future reference. Now off to search craigslist, lol

ps: Congrats on the "Build of the month" honors

Expedition Essentials

Awesome trailor man! Inspired to someday build something similar to drag behind my Jeep. Sub'd for future reference. Now off to search craigslist, lol

ps: Congrats on the "Build of the month" honors

Thank you sir, really appreciate it! I have to stay off Craigslist now. I'd like to build another one just for fun but my wife wouldn't appreciate that right now with the new baby :)

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

Expedition Essentials

Got the tent back on after Having the Pinch Welt re done and windows added to the sides, came out great. Much better ventilation. Planning on having the rear window re done and pockets added to the inside when winter comes back around.

Aviary%20Photo_130785377553758254.png

Aviary%20Photo_130785377991428184.png

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
How about something along the concept of counter weights on a tractor. A set of weights you add or take away from as needed.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Expedition Essentials

I could actually use more water too. Two birds one stone. Have already ordered a 13gallon tank from front runner. Should have it mounted up this weekend.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Looks good but I have been meaning to ask how does that seam where the top comes together seal against water?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Expedition Essentials

In progress installing 13g water
Tank on the Apache.
f5a98259823df4dc9d905a13823763de.jpg
0425e244df578c96c5502f22c8accbe1.jpg

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Is going to be covered? If not the water will be fairly hot in the evenings and it coolest in the mornings. When I deployed to Somalia the water from the water buffalo would scald you in the evening.

Expedition Essentials

Is going to be covered? If not the water will be fairly hot in the evenings and it coolest in the mornings. When I deployed to Somalia the water from the water buffalo would scald you in the evening.

No. It won't be covered. Not really that concerned with it though since the water is mainly going to be used for cleaning up, showers, dishes etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater