New Project :- TURBO Time.

Fugly

Adventurer
Dan,
With that hairdryer on the side of the motor ....
You won't know the truck.....

Cheers Fugly

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Start on the manifold.
I have cut 2 of the 90 bends to make 45s and using a custom made wedge turned the round pipe into the shape of the exhaust port. This was done by utilizing a hydraulic press and pressing the wedge into the pipe. End result is port shaped pipe.

DSCF3265a.jpg

Dan.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Very cool Dan.
I assume that you also made a jig to hold the elbows securely in the press which also stopped the round end from deforming.

boostin

Adventurer
Very curious to see how the turbo works, is your engine the 3.9?

I am about to install a td05h 20 g 8cm on my 4.9 but really feel I should have went td06.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Very curious to see how the turbo works, is your engine the 3.9?

I am about to install a td05h 20 g 8cm on my 4.9 but really feel I should have went td06.

Engine is 4.2 litre. This is the same size turbo that they fit as an upgrade on 4.2 litre Landcruiser and Patrols.

Dan.

HazMan

Observer
Can I ask where one might purchase that turbo and associated fittings?

Was it a kit?

Is there somewhere I might get a turbo manifold from?

I'm keen to turbo mine, but the $6000 fitted price is holding me back...

Sean

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Can I ask where one might purchase that turbo and associated fittings?

Was it a kit?

Is there somewhere I might get a turbo manifold from?

I'm keen to turbo mine, but the $6000 fitted price is holding me back...

Sean

The turbo (with oil and water lines) is available from Ebay. A manifold I'm making, none available unless you go to one of the turbo shops and they may just make it. Costing of doing it all myself ????.
But satisfaction of doing it - great. I thought a kit was available from one of the shops (close on $4,000 I believe) plus fitting. A lot has to be custom done because there is not a lot of demand.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/118197-FG-637-New-to-forum/page2?highlight=turbo post 13.

Dan.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Not a lot of progress as work seems to get in the way but still some goodies have arrived. EGT and Boost Gauge the same as I fitted to Candy's Canter and Air/Fuel Ratio Meter so I can follow what is going on.

DSCF3276a.jpg DSCF3273a.jpg

Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3