New Roof Rack for Tacomas and FJCs

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Got mine all mounted up and slowly getting it setup.

20140328_160853.jpg

zscott

Adventurer
Nice Jon! I need to "borrow" the drone from my day job sometime to shoot something similar of my Tacoma.

jteerlink

Gotta fine tune the jiggly image issues but its fun! If you cant get yours out, I usually have it in my truck over the weekends, lets meet up sometime to shoot some better stuff.

jteerlink

I recently opted for a different take on water transport on our Prinsu rack. Instead of purchasing a couple of scepter containers for our recent Idaho expedition we decided to buy a lightly used Road Shower tank. The tank had similar t-slot channels which allowed it to be mounted across the back of the rear cross bar saving space in front of our RTT for other paraphernalia giving us a really low profile for highway driving. The aluminum tank holds 5 gallons of pressurized water and altogether weights about 55lbs (filled). The double channel extruded aluminum cross bar handled the weight perfectly over a 10 run on some fairly rough roads (no large obstacles). More and more impressed with this rack's abilities.

IMAG1018_zpsbugmbyh6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG1013_zpsunqakzt7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad