New Rover magazine on the way.

Oh, and one question....

How in blazes will this get past the Tata attorneys that seem hell bent on "defending" their copyright / trademark / whatever it is that gets their collective shorts in a knot over anything with "Land" or "Rover" in its name?

The LRSOC do a very nice magazine that comes right to my mailbox...."Legend"...no land or rover in the name at all.

blue bomber

Adventurer
The must be a big enough gap between the words Land Rover, I guess. Indian business culture has embraced our litigious ways. Tata should spend there money on better things.

As one of the persecuted companies forced to change my company name and surrender a domain name with "rover " in it, I have some insight here. It wasn't tata. It was JLRNA and they used an atty named Jennifer M Hetu, citing their trademark to the word "rover" and alleging I was confusing their customers.http://www.honigman.com/professiona...aspx?xpST=ProfessionalDetail&professional=816

My contention was that I only dealt with a model abandoned by JLRNA in 1997 and that surely no one was confused by my use of the word Rover and not a combination of Land and Rover.

My experience wasn't a pleasant one.

Last edited:

Frontier Phreak

Cool.

So is a Disco II a classic yet? :D

The youngest ones are 9 years old already, oldest are 14, and they have more in common with a Defender than they do an LR3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3