New Stove from Jetboil

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Tempting. I have almost $400 in rei dividend I need to spend and I hardly shop at rei because it's $$. I originally got the card so I could use the dividend on freeze dried meals but now I have a fridge and fresh meal is better lol.
I have already used some of the dividend. Anyways. Thanks for the reviews. Gonna look more into this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texascrane

Adventurer
Just ordered one from REI - used my 20% and my dividend which brought the price down a bit. Unfortunately they're back-ordered and expected to ship within 30 days. So it looks like I'll have to wait a bit to test it out. I'm thinking about heading out to Big Bend at the end of the month so hopefully it will show up before then.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Same. I just ordered mine from REI. Can't wait to check this out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tribeof5

Adventurer
I ordered one from REI on Monday as well. They said they hope to have a shipment of them by the 5th of April. I'm looking forward to seeing this stove. We typically use a 26" 3 burner Partner Steel stove, but I wanted this just for the heck of it! It just looked to cool to pass on given the member coupon and my dividends.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I ordered one from REI on Monday as well. They said they hope to have a shipment of them by the 5th of April. I'm looking forward to seeing this stove. We typically use a 26" 3 burner Partner Steel stove, but I wanted this just for the heck of it! It just looked to cool to pass on given the member coupon and my dividends.

Haha. Yeah. I need to spend my dividend too and instead of buying tons of little stuff I don't need. This I would use. I was actually looking to buy a bigger pot and well this comes with it. Just made sense plus I love how it packs down

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Looks like most if not all Jetboil is made in China.
5e435aaf5994b42d5f0da66a0a5435fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoornate65

Adventurer
Looks cool. I like the packable nature of the design.

That said, don't think it will be replacing my Partner Steel set-up for basecamping.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Considering the price you'd think it was made by leprechaun's getting paid the big bucks.

All Jetboil stuff is make in China. The smaller stoves they sell are not cheap either.

Stuff make in China Doesn't automatically mean it's crap. It comes down to material and QC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater