New to me 2013 Xeterra!

flightmedicine

Excuse my ignorance but CBC? I tried searching but didn't come up with anything and I can't override my medical side of Complete Blood Count... It's a Warn, but not sure on rating, I asked the dealership to contact previous owner to get me a rundown on everything they did.

Here are some pics from the first Adventure today with my co-pilot Lucy! The rig did amazing, and like everyone said, it far exceeded my expectations for essentially a stock truck. But, for piece of mind I am definitely looking new suspension. Between Nisstec extended travel, and the OME Complete with Dakar. Again any advice is appreciated!

commercial.jpg

commercial2.jpg

lucy.jpg

travel.jpg

travel2.jpg

ozotron

Beautiful color! I was going over the same two options for lift... nisstec/prg extended or OME full med/HD kit. I decided to go with Nisstec 2.5 extended kit. My leafs are in pretty great condition so I opted for an AAL. Really I could have gone OME as well, but Nisstec was having a 10% sale so I jumped on the extended kit. Honestly, either one will work... the 2.5 certainly gives a little more performance under high heat/long use loads. But the OMEs are a solid choice.

Lastly, I'll say that another deciding factor was how I was planning on using it.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Coil bucket contact, which you will have if you don't replace your upper control arms. Cheapie lifts say screw it and you can mess some stuff up quick. Nissans are all about buy once cry once. It's a curse really the cheap stuf is cheap and doesn't last or breaks other stuff so you fix it and buy the quality stuff anyways. TS.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flightmedicine

Beautiful color! I was going over the same two options for lift... nisstec/prg extended or OME full med/HD kit. I decided to go with Nisstec 2.5 extended kit. My leafs are in pretty great condition so I opted for an AAL. Really I could have gone OME as well, but Nisstec was having a 10% sale so I jumped on the extended kit. Honestly, either one will work... the 2.5 certainly gives a little more performance under high heat/long use loads. But the OMEs are a solid choice.

Lastly, I'll say that another deciding factor was how I was planning on using it.

Thank you! I contacted Nisstec today to get their input. My family has always gone with OME but I am always willing to give someone that has built a great rep so quickly a chance.

Coil bucket contact, which you will have if you don't replace your upper control arms. Cheapie lifts say screw it and you can mess some stuff up quick. Nissans are all about buy once cry once. It's a curse really the cheap stuf is cheap and doesn't last or breaks other stuff so you fix it and buy the quality stuff anyways. TS.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I tried looking it up but to no avail. I'm not a huge fan of half assing things, especially on vehicles, for that exact reason of things going wrong. Rather spend more up front and have piece of mind and less repair bills! Great quote BTW!

flightmedicine

.... And I just reread your original post about wanting to add OME suspension. That will accomplish all of what I listed above, just make sure you get the HD springs for the coilovers.

Thank you for the advice, and great build thread! Has given me some great insight and ideas on where to go next with it. Enjoy JBLM!

Great looking X. Smart move picking that up when you found it. You are going to have fun with that!

Thanks! It was not intentional at all. I've always been a car guy, my real money pit is my Z06, but have looked at Xterra's off and on for 10 years. I went to a chevy dealer looking at a Colorado and they had this parked right next to it! The wife was out of town so she couldn't talk me out of it, it was destiny!

flightmedicine

So wanted to have a ceiling cargo net, but didn't think spending 100$ before I did the other mod's was justified. I also didn't like the idea of a possible broken window with the rack mod. So I made a net out of paracord. Turned out alright for now, will have to clean it up later but for an hour of work I think it turned out ok!

(pics taken before finalized burning ends etc.)

para.jpg

para2.jpg

para3.jpg
with it in loading configuration

para4.jpg

Airmapper

Inactive Member
So wanted to have a ceiling cargo net, but didn't think spending 100$ before I did the other mod's was justified. I also didn't like the idea of a possible broken window with the rack mod. So I made a net out of paracord. Turned out alright for now, will have to clean it up later but for an hour of work I think it turned out ok!

That is awesome. I might have to steal that idea. :clapping:

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Awesome ride! I love Xterras, they just seem to make such a great all around platform. Really cool that you picked one up that already has an ARB bumper, Warn winch, and what look like decent tires.

You've got a great starting point. I'll echo some advice here and say take it out and see what it can do before deciding on what parts to throw at it. Then you can get an idea of how much more clearance you need, how much more weight you need to carry, etc. That should help steer you towards what stuff you need to add.

Some mods are pretty universal though. I highly recommend picking up a set of rock sliders to keep wayward boulders away from your rocker panels. It's also a good idea to do the diff breather mod, so you can extend the breather up to behind the tail light to keep water out of the diff and help it vent properly. It's a cheap mod that goes a long way towards preventing problems down the road.

Other than that, just get out and explore!

BigOrca

I've seen a lot of votes for rock sliders, and maybe I'm just seeing things, but it would appear there is already a set installed. Also the paracord roof net is awesome. Been kicking the idea around for a while now, and after seeing yours I may just have to do it.

flightmedicine

I've seen a lot of votes for rock sliders, and maybe I'm just seeing things, but it would appear there is already a set installed. Also the paracord roof net is awesome. Been kicking the idea around for a while now, and after seeing yours I may just have to do it.

It wasnt too bad, I anchored it to the bolts in the "oh ******** handles", then followed this dudes directions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAMqZA27iA0

The strands going from front to back need to be roughly twice as long as the actual distance, more if you want smaller holes.

flightmedicine

Awesome ride! I love Xterras, they just seem to make such a great all around platform. Really cool that you picked one up that already has an ARB bumper, Warn winch, and what look like decent tires.

You've got a great starting point. I'll echo some advice here and say take it out and see what it can do before deciding on what parts to throw at it. Then you can get an idea of how much more clearance you need, how much more weight you need to carry, etc. That should help steer you towards what stuff you need to add.

Some mods are pretty universal though. I highly recommend picking up a set of rock sliders to keep wayward boulders away from your rocker panels. It's also a good idea to do the diff breather mod, so you can extend the breather up to behind the tail light to keep water out of the diff and help it vent properly. It's a cheap mod that goes a long way towards preventing problems down the road.

Other than that, just get out and explore!

Ordered the parts for the breather mod today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven