New (to me) Samurai

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
The rust on the rims really started bugging me. So I started re-painting them.
Here's a progress pic. I have 4 left to do, including the trailer. But the 3 that are done look light years better than before.

20151004_162954 by Tim, on Flickr

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
PM me your email and I can send you the KML file, if you're interested.

You can load that directly into GPS Essentials, or convert it to other GPS file using GPSBabel

The rust on the rims really started bugging me. So I started re-painting them.
Here's a progress pic. I have 4 left to do, including the trailer. But the 3 that are done look light years better than before.

20151004_162954 by Tim, on Flickr

Looks good! A nice trick to use is buy a cheap deck of playing cards for masking wheels. They're thin enough that they fit in very well, but stiff enough to jam in tightly between the wheel/tire. Also if you set them out to dry after you're done, they can be reused many times.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Looks good! A nice trick to use is buy a cheap deck of playing cards for masking wheels. They're thin enough that they fit in very well, but stiff enough to jam in tightly between the wheel/tire. Also if you set them out to dry after you're done, they can be reused many times.

Frackin brilliant!

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
Got things torn down. Had to wait on parts and access to a press.

20151108_133540 by Tim, on Flickr

Tonight, the brakes get modified, cleaned and reassembled with the modified retainers to go on as soon as the shafts get back with new bearings installed. I should be back up and running no later than Wednesday.

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
here's what I did.
I modified the backing plate by cutting a 3" hole.
20151110_184537 by Tim, on Flickr
A 3" hole saw using a piece of angle iron as a jig worked like a charm until my drill died. :p

I ordered a couple SJ410 retainer plates and modified them to avoid having to press them on.

20151110_184607 by Tim, on Flickr

Here's the whole thing mounted.

20151110_193147 by Tim, on Flickr

The retainer plate is nice because its designed to hold the bolts in place. It slips over the shaft and will make future bearing maintenance or axle replacement WAY easier.

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
We had a great time wheeling with folks from KC, OKC and Wichita areas. We had everything from a Blazer on 37's and CJ on 40's all the way down to a stock Renegade Trail Hawk. My Zuk did amazing with no issues. The trails were beautiful and even with the rain on Sunday the temperatures were perfect.

The guy driving the Renegade had just gotten it, had never been off road before and had a blast! At one point he was up to his headlights in water but kept on chugging.
IMG_0338 by Tim, on Flickr
IMG_1607 by Tim, on Flickr

Here's the group I led on Saturday. Mostly people new to the sport or new to Disney.

IMG_1595 by Tim, on Flickr

It was great riding with a diverse set of vehicles and capabilities.
DSCN0817 by Tim, on Flickr

IMG_4659 by Tim, on Flickr

20151115_104344 by Tim, on Flickr

All in all it was a great weekend. The only problems we had in the entire group was a bent tie rod, bent drag link and the loss of a drive shaft. Not bad for a long weekend of crawling.

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
Another good deal popped up and I picked up some Neon seats. $50 for the set. I pressure washed them and cleaned them up, now the fun of fighting rust and broken bolts will ensue as weather allows. But in the end, I'll have comfy seats upon which to rest.

Zuk seats by Tim, on Flickr

Mmmm waffles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater