New to site...early bronco driver!

greg mgm

Explorer
I absolutely love this one. A stock uncut version.

I wasn't sure if the parts were starting to become scarce due to age. Maybe that is only for sheetmetal though.

This is the body style that I am looking at getting.

image_10797f.jpg

bronconut

Observer
Well since I like to travel with Todd, Lars, and TZ here's a few of my latest Bronco. I tend to lean torward hard core rock crawling but I'm also doing more of the overland thing as of late. I drove 3,000 miles round trip to pick up a camper like the one Todd pictured for the next build, there will be a build thread here when I get started.

Attachments

• IMG_3776.jpg
    IMG_3776.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010918.jpg
    P1010918.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 19
  • P1030206.jpg
    P1030206.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

laker

Does anybody pull a small trailer on their expos?
This is a 1970 boler, how would this fair on a trip through Arizona? Are there any longer, mild type terrain trails that would be feasable pulling a camper like this?

P1080879.jpg

yj-hank

Observer
Great to see all the EB's out there. I am in the process of a ground up rebuilt (not a restore). I picked up a 75 last may. It is in many pieces right now as I install new floorboards, drivers rear quarter panel, windshield cowl, drivers fender. I am installing a fresh rebuilt 351 roller with a zf 5 speed trans. Yesterday I got my headers and exhaust from B.C. broncos and am waiting for my 23 gal fuel tank and elect fuel pump to run the GT 40 fuel injected set up. It has a 3 1/2" lift and 1" body lift running 35" BFG km2's. Here is a pick just before I did the last bit of disassembly. Cant wait to finish it up and get it on the trail!

IMG_3277.jpg

Henry

Z Bronco

For some reason I am unable to upload photos. EB owner here in Bend,OR. 1974 Roadster and I tow a M416 military trailer many places. Good to see the Bronco family alive and well.

Lars70

Observer
Does anybody pull a small trailer on their expos?
This is a 1970 boler, how would this fair on a trip through Arizona? Are there any longer, mild type terrain trails that would be feasable pulling a camper like this?

As long as the tires and suspension are up to it, there are thousands of miles of easy 2wd dirt roads in the American Southwest where that trailer would be at home. Carry a spare tire and bring it south!

Lars70

Observer
early broncos are so sweet but i'd feel super guilty about wheeling one and putting scratches and dents in it, just me

Considering that you can now buy new sheet metal to replace just about any part of an early Bronco body, some of which is made with OEM Ford tooling, I'm feeling a lot less guilty than I used to. Which isn't saying much :Wow1:

825756967_hfiiE-L.jpg

laker

OOO AHH..there Lars70, you came close to rolling that baby!! Thats a sweet looking bronco you have there. I would love to mod up my '70 like what you've done.....however it is an inheritance so I'm going to keep it fairly stock...that is for at least a few years.

toddz69

Explorer
OOO AHH..there Lars70, you came close to rolling that baby!! Thats a sweet looking bronco you have there. I would love to mod up my '70 like what you've done.....however it is an inheritance so I'm going to keep it fairly stock...that is for at least a few years.

Lars is always the canary in the mineshaft on our adventures. We send him through the tough spots first and if he makes it OK, we figure we'll make it too :). His truck is what many of ours aspire to be.

Todd Z.

Gud Racing

There sure are some great looking EB's on here!

Here is a pic of my 69 out of SoCal that I am in the process of building. So far it has a 79 ps box, Hp D44, Power Disc brakes, 5.0, C4, 3.5" lift, 35's on 10" Slot's.

2011-04-10161031.jpg

ArmyTiger6

Here is my '75. I've had it just over a year now. When I got it everything, and I mean everything, was leaking. So, I have been working my tail off just to get it up to road=worthy condition. The ultimate goal is to lift 3.5", 35" tires, and make it a very expedition-worthy vehicle.

Attachments

• Bronco pics cropped.jpg
    Bronco pics cropped.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

NorCalBronco

Observer
Yet another EB owner here. I got this one about 10 years ago now... two rolls and semi-rebuilds later here it sits with my co-pilot husky Kaya :) Now its time for a drivetrain overhaul again.... if only I had money :p

stanceoa6.jpg

picture005i.jpg

p1000360wv0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333