New to the site

rob845

Hello all, I have been reading up and love what I have seen so far! I love the idea of creating expedition vehicles that are useful and actually have a purpose!

I currently own a 1999 Ford Expedition 5.4L that I am wanting to make more functional for hunting/camping and fun with the family.

I was in Colorado last week and had a chance to take the kids up to Rocky mountain national park. We drove old fall river road up to 11K+ feet to the alpine visitors center ( http://www.rmnp.com/RMNP-Areas-OldFallRiverRoad.HTML ) and had a blast the whole time. We traveled from Houston to Colorado and put about 3500 miles behind us for the trip :victory:

So far the Expedition is mostly stock. The PO put a ranch hand brush guard and 285 tires on it:

exp1.jpg

bdbecker

Adventurer
Nice looking truck. What are you plans for it? It's good to see another 97-03 era Expedition/F150 platform for a project vehicle. I've got an '03 F150 that I've been slowly doing work on.

ccarley

Adventurer
Welcome!

Sweet rig. I have always liked Fords. Before I got my Suburban, I had even considered a Centurion...

What kind of modifications are you going to do to it? Any lift? Roof Rack, or even RTT?

Clay

rob845

Thanks guys! well I am needing tires here soon and I want to fit 315/70 or so (35's) under it and I will need at least a 2-3" lift to fit them. But I want full articulation of the suspension with that lift. SO I am looking at adjustable track bars, sway bar end link quick disconnects, 2" longer shocks etc.

The truck came with 3.75 LSD rear, I imagine that I will be adding a full locker but that will be further down the line. I am also looking at roof baskets and making more storage areas on the inside.

So far the is my one issue, inside storage. I have TONS of interior room but no way to store the come-along, snatch blocks, tow and recovery straps etc.

I am thinking of finding another 3rd row seat and rip it down to the bottom frame and building a storage unit ( like a multi-drawer tool box ) onto that frame so that it is removable and can pop my original 3rd row in with no issues....

jcbrandon

Explorer
...I am thinking of finding another 3rd row seat and rip it down to the bottom frame and building a storage unit ( like a multi-drawer tool box ) onto that frame so that it is removable and can pop my original 3rd row in with no issues....

That's a very cool idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism