New Trooper Member!!!

AZTrooper

Adventurer
I just bought a K&N filter last night and a new PCV valve. Where exactly is the PCY on my trooper. I haven't purchased an FSM yet.

AZ_Husker

Observer
Looking good. I knew you'd get her done.:clapsmile
Maybe you can show me some trails next time I venture up north.
:beer:

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Hey guys!!! i have a little bad news. The IT guy where I work is required to monitor the internet usage of all the employees. Well... I got busted. So now I'm only capable of visiting work related sites. LOL I don't have internet at my house yet, but hopefully soon I'll get it. Then I can surf wherever I want to go whenever I want to for however long I please.

I found some Superwinch hubs here at our local 4x4 shop. The only set they have. They mostly sell Warn gear. They are selling the exact hubs that I need for my truck. But they're selling them for $139.99. I found them on eBay for $80+shipping. Oh well.

I replaced my PCV valve this week and also cleaned out the EGR valve. I forgot to plug in the electrical connection when I started the trooper, so I got a check engine light on. I connected it and then went down to Autozone so they could erase the code. Now all is well.

Let me know when any of you guys are coming up here. I'm free almost anytime for the next few months until my son makes his debut. I'm serious, if you guys wanna come up and hit some trails I'm down. Lemme know!!!

bootzilla

Adventurer
Love the Trooper! What color is it - Silver, or is it kind of a gold color? I haven't seen many gold ones out there like mine - that would be cool.

That sux that the IT guys cracked down on you - I do some IT stuff where I work, and nobody has even asked to monitor usage - it is pretty much irrelevant if everyone is getting their work done...just come work for us...:archaeolo

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Hey everyone!!!! Just thought I'd check in. Sorry it's been so long since I've been on here, but, like I said last time, I got busted by the IT police at work and haven't been able to get on since. Hopefully sometime soon I'll get internet at my house so i can keep up with the fun.

I got a set of Superwinch hubs that will be going on sometime this week.

As for the lift... it still rides really nice. I went out with a buddy of mine a couple weekends ago and we tried to see how much we could get our axles to articulate. I got some really cool pictures that I'll have to upload for you guys next time I'm on.

I have a question. My Yokohama Geolanders are starting to cup. It's kind of annoying. So my question is... what would you guys recommend for a good aggressive tread that won't require a lot of rotations? I think I wanna stay away from mud terrains though.

Well I gotta jet cuz I'm on my dad's laptop and we're here for my birthday.

Talk to you guys later.

bootzilla

Adventurer
AZTrooper said:
I have a question. My Yokohama Geolanders are starting to cup. It's kind of annoying.

Yokohama must be making some awfully soft tires right now - I keep getting a vibration, but only when cold - I am starting to think that my Geolanders might be flat-spotting a little bit over night - because once I get the tires warmed up and do a little highway driving, it goes away....

I gotta ride out the Yok's as long as I can - I just got them 4 or 5k ago, but I'd be interested in what other people might recommend, too. Obviously BFG's will be near the top of most people's lists, but is there anything a little more economical?

datrupr

Expedition Leader
As far as tires go, I just got Discounts brand Pathfinder A/T's. A tread pattern very similar to the BFG's, but not quite as aggressive. I little bit narrower, but a bit taller in 265/75/16 size. So far the ride is very nice on pavement. They are very quiet and have performed well, but I only have a couple hundred miles on them. A few $$'s more than the Yok's, but I have never been let down by a set of Pathfinder tires. After I test them off road I will post up a report. And, when I get a camera again I will post up some pics.

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Great news!!! I just got my internet hooked up at home today!!!! I'm so freakin' stoked!!!:wings:

Anything new going on up in here?

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Congrats, and welcome back. Not a whole lot of new stuff, but all very informative all the same.

bootzilla

Adventurer
datrupr said:
Congrats, and welcome back. Not a whole lot of new stuff, but all very informative all the same.

I know, really....I gotta get back from vacation and get workin' so there is some progress to report and get some conversation going.

I after trekking a few hundred miles of interstate almost to Canada, I've realized that I think my ProComps weren't the best fit for a non-lifted Trooper - from the dirt marks on the front shocks - looks like they are working too low in their range, and maybe they have bottomed out enough to make them too soft too quick - I'm thinkin' of a full OME spring and shock setup in a few paychecks....

...on an upnote, this appears to be new :26_13_1:

And there is always this guy...reminds me of the Tom Berenger classic "Rustlers Rhapsody"
:pROFSheriffHL:

AZTrooper

Adventurer
I put the OME springs on and cranked the torsion bars enough to match the rear height, I also added four Rancho RS5000s. I've done a bit of 4-wheeling since then and I have not noticed any bottoming out. The Ranchos I got were stock replacements for my trooper. I seem to get tons of extension out of them. As a matter of fact, if I were to buy Ranchos that gave me more than another inch of extension, my coil springs would fall out. So I like my set-up the way it is.

I would have bought myself some Superwinch hubs too, but instead I though it would be wise to buy my wife a handgun for Chrsitmas so she can have a means of protecting herself and our unborn son while I'm out of town for work.

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Hey guys!!! Just checking in. I'll be a new daddy within the next several weeks and I was hoping maybe some of you guys would be able to come up or organize something before my free time goes bye-bye. Lemme know if anyone wants to do something.

P.S. The followiing pics are from this past weekend. Just trying to tweak her a bit.

DSC01774.jpg

DSC01773.jpg

DSC01772.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal