New Tundra Release

old1959

Another Tundra Owner Waiting

I too am waiting to see what Toyota offers. I have an 05 double cab which has server me well and now has 110k on the odo; however, I do want to replace it but with what is the question? The Tacoma came out in 05 and the current Tundra is too big and thirsty in my opinion so I keep driving my truck. I may end up considering a different brand if Toyota doesn't do something with their truck offerings.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
am i crazy to expect not one but two diesel options for the north american market? :)

Yes, you are. Unless Toyota managed to do some wizardry, like Mazda just did with their Sky-active D, not a chance. Cost of aftertreatment is too high right now.

Danimal

Adventurer
Yes, you are. Unless Toyota managed to do some wizardry, like Mazda just did with their Sky-active D, not a chance. Cost of aftertreatment is too high right now.

If you're referring to the lack of SCR on the Mazdas, that's doubtful. Higher gross vehicle weight, different duty cycles, and bigger engines make that unrealistic for a 1/2 ton or larger truck. Therefore, I think you're spot on and I too would bet that expensive aftertreatment would be part of the diesel option package.

Dan

zolo

Explorer
Epic Fail...Toyota should know better. Lets make the same truck with different body work and call it NEW...

JasonJLamb

Observer
Things I was looking for:

1. New body with less brawn but more aerodynamics (and less size, if I'm honest)
2. Revised engines with better MPGs and a diesel option
3. New, more ergonomic interior

Well, I got one out of three, so that's a little disappointing. And with Chevrolet having a new Silverado for 2014 and high-MPG options, and Ford and Ram already offering high-MPG alternatives, I would have thought Toyota would have taken this opportunity to do something different and daring like a diesel option.

Oh well. I still might choose a Tundra over the other options, but it would be harder to do so.

JasonJLamb

Observer
Can anyone tell me why Toyota doesn't have diesel option? It seems to me that being the only light-duty with a deisel option would set the Tundra apart, especially if it had typically Toyota high MPGs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333