Newb with a 2004 R50 Pathfinder SE and a couple of crappy pics.

PrecisionX

Observer
Hello all, I'm coming to you from New England. Initially I had ventured off on a 5 hour trip to pick up what was believed to be a mint 2002 Infiniti QX4 with 111,000 miles. I asked the guy a ton of qualifying questions including rust questions. I was picked up by him in Providence and brought 20 minutes away to finally see it in person with a cashiers check ready to go only to hear from him as he saw me checking the wheel wells that BOTH front strut towers were replaced 2 weeks prior to him listing it for sale, it was because of "holes" in them but now it was "better and stronger than new"... HAH! I know a Nissan tech that basically told me that the repair was BS and consisted of them cutting out the rust, replacing the sheet metal, some undercoat and fiber glass and self tapping screws... that is if the pre-made sheet metal was big enough to cover the spot, if not they are trained to simply glue screw heads in the screw spots to make it look like it's holding something. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

There was a guy with a 2004 Pathfinder SE an hour away that I had been talking to but he wouldn't come down on price and we couldn't figure out a place to meet so a deal could get done due to scheduling issues but as I was waiting with an almost dead iPhone 5 (no one has a charger for these) I gave it a shot and long story short I met him, checked it over, drove it and ended up with this: (Craigslist AD pics because my photo site is doing routine maintenance so I couldn't upload anything).

2004 SE with 123,000 one owner miles... I believe the color is Merlot Pearl something (fancy for burgundy). The car was always serviced at a Nissan dealership with all records or most on hand). If it was recommended by Nissan, he did it. It was brought in for the salt state recall, they looked it over and said it wasn't affected, they coated it up so it wouldn't ever have the issue and it's now mine. It was missing one of those stupid bumper grilles next to the fog light so I ordered one, theres a crack in the passenger tail light and the tires are FAR from aggressive (Yokohama Geolander HT-S) that are fairly worn but I am picking up some new wipers, I removed the front mud flaps because they are annoying and I hope to use this as a mildly modded off-road underdog/daily driver thing. I'm still in search for the best replacement tire and the biggest size without a lift that I can run which I think is (245/75/16) with tiny modifications.

Tires I've considered:

Goodyear Dura-Trac
Toyo Open Country AT2
General Grabber AT2
Cooper Discovery ST-MAXX
Nitto Terra Grappler AT?

And heres some crap pics:

9C5365AF-844A-428F-8F54-F3BB37B0E7FB-1637-0000009F860D7E88_zpscab45271.jpg

6DCD1967-9981-4100-A6BB-C1C80BC808EA-1637-0000009F810C0052_zps71b9dcd4.jpg

BA80F68A-4542-435D-8E42-636B4547D0E3-1637-0000009F7862283B_zpsc8b72f6b.jpg

Allof75

Pathfinder
Welcome to Expedition Portal!

Very clean pathfinder you picked up, can't wait to see what you have in mind for mods.

d67u57

Adventurer
very nice. whatever you do, please dont franken mod it lol!

wish we had vehicles as clean as that up here with all the salt and all :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven