Nice aluminum rear storage boxes?

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I need some leads on some nice aluminum rear storage boxes. Here is what I want....

-Smooth top. This way if you have a bunch of them in the back you could sleep on top of them, dogs can be one top, etc. I'm not going to stack them unless they are out of the vehicle so I don't want the little corner features like Zarges boxes.

-Smooth sides. I would like the side to be one level and fairly smooth. I don't want the latches sticking out taking up space. I want the boxes to fit flush to each other.

-Same height. I would like to be able to get a few sized but have the height stay consistent between them.

-Hinged lid. Having the lid hinged would be nice, but not super high on my want list.

-Waterproof and Dust proof.

Thank for the help. I have come up pretty dry on the common stuff like Pelican or Zarges.

Zarges

Zarges

Did you find a suitable storage box for your purose yet? Zarges has several that fit the bill as you describe with a smooth top. Let me know if I can get you information on the K410 or K420 lines as well as direct pricing.

-Stephanie

STREGA

Explorer
Aluminum river rafting dry boxes are great for overlanding. I had one custom made for me at All Metals in Grand Junction. It wasn't cheap to have made but I got the exact size and shape that I needed (couldn't find a pre-made one that was even close to the size I needed) and the quality is top notch. Since its inside my vehicle I didn't need the waterproof lid it has but others that have them outside vehicle will like that feature. Mine is smooth sided (no diamond plate) and I put a piece of carpet sample on the top for the dog to ride on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3