Nikson's Unlimited Rubicon LJ build

Alphonse

Observer
Great work on that rear winch mount/bumper and carrier! I'm inspired to buy a welder and fab something for my jeep.

Cody1771

Explorer
ive heard of bending heavy tube like that before, what did you do after? just weld the slots and grind smooth? bondo? just curious as to the finishing of all those cuts.

Nikson

Explorer
Not usually a fan of tube bumpers but I like the look of the rear winch bumper. Nice job on the swing out too.

Thanks a lot... it was pretty tricky to get things done the way I wanted, since with 2inch pipe I just couldn't get the bender to do it all in one piece... too many various angles on a short length...

This one came out to my "liking" as well... :)

Nikson

Explorer
Great work on that rear winch mount/bumper and carrier! I'm inspired to buy a welder and fab something for my jeep.

Thanks...

Having tools right at home in the garage definitely helps... I just got tired of going to my buddies work shop & only do on his schedule, so just went ahead and got my own stuff...

Its heck of fun, and things you can do - infinity!

Nikson

Explorer
ive heard of bending heavy tube like that before, what did you do after? just weld the slots and grind smooth? bondo? just curious as to the finishing of all those cuts.

I've welded them over and made a "webbing" from it... was going to grind them off to smooth it out, but then really liked the web look, so just left it as it is... for the most part, its all tucked behind the spare anyway...

see pictures in the above posting...

Nikson

Explorer
seat covers...

Covers came in the mail... Smell from the parcel was great - LEATHERy... :)

001.JPG

personalized emblems were just as good as they could be...

003.JPG

buddy put in the seat heater elements (German ceramic type pads - for upper & lower parts of the seats)

electrical was pretty easy to hook up...

005.JPG

if anyone was wondering how they are attached from inside...

These clips are sold at hardware stores, and the crimps I've found at a local "TOOL STORE"

008.JPG

cut out the necessary parts for Velcro

010.JPG

I have to say that I really like it...

013.JPG

close up

017.JPG

Nikson

Explorer
to create some excitement...

To create some excitement on this thread...

Video from 04/07/2012, were breaking trail to a lake (Olallie Lake in the Cascades, border of Warm Springs Reservation)
about 5000ft elevation, up to/over 8ft snow pack in some places (drifts get much deeper)

Nikson

Explorer
little foto shoot

Pacific City, Oregon has some great beach access areas for a 4x4, so we came out with the family out to Cape Kiwanda...

001.CR2.jpg

Leather interior - I guess the colors were matched perfectly...

003.CR2.jpg

for those who asked about the side view of the rear bumper

013.CR2.jpg

014.CR2.jpg

015.CR2.jpg

016.CR2.jpg

Carrier Locked...

018.CR2.jpg

opening position...

019.CR2.jpg

LJ owner certainly understand all that available & precious cargo space... :)

020.CR2.jpg

Currie flexes great...

046.CR2.jpg

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
Enjoyed the video, and am enjoying the pictures. I look forward to getting out to the west coast with my '05 LJ Rubicon someday.

Nikson

Explorer
Ball Joints & Skid Plates...

Seems like front was acting up a bit funny, figured it was a perfect reason for ball joint replacement...

005.JPG

went ahead and used a 1/2 degree on a driver's upper to get the alignment specs to better position...

007.JPG

another good buy from a fella JPforum... Chromoly's for the front...

010.JPG

not to redo things, Axle Tube seals came into place...

001%u00252520%25282%2529.JPG

002%u00252520%25282%2529.JPG

instead of doing a whole lots of work on the front bumper, I've figured that a simple & functional winch plate will do...

003%u00252520%25282%2529.JPG

couldn't resist a good purchase on the skids...

SKIDROW for the the engine/tranny, and the Nth Degree TummyTuck for the TC

021.JPG

002%u00252520%25283%2529.JPG

008%u00252520%25282%2529.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp