Nissan Pathfinder SV (R51)

WMDunkin

Adventurer
It really doesn't hang that low. The plastic on the bumper hangs lower and the skid plate/suspension is lower then the mount. I may or lost a little bit of approach but I am not to worried about that. However the mount isn't plastic it's fairly thick steel plate.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
I finally got all the harness update (new plug type) and wires to hook up and true test the vibration on the new mount set up. I am quite surprised with how little this vibrates. I think my support brace idea will totally eliminate the speed caused shaking. I know the large bumps and what not will still probably shake the lights but I have no concern about they falling off or coming loose. I will get pictures up of the pattern and brace once that is done.

Xterra1744

Ive had Dura Tracs and love them. I also had Falken Wild Peaks which were surprisingly good for the price there's tons of good reviews on the internet for them.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Just a teaser for my diy awning I am making.

20504420623_83d6285754.jpg

Last edited:

Fargo

Adventurer
Nice rig. I have had an R51 for about 2 years know. Its been a great vehicle. I use my Jeep LJ Rubicon on trips that I plan extensive rock crawling. But if I am planning a trip that I want comfort and just forest service roads or easier trails the Pathfinder is much more comfortable. As you have found, there is some great drool material over at thenissanpath.

As far as tires, I will be putting on new tires on my R51 in the next couple of weeks. I decided on the Cooper ATW. Its basically the AT3 with more siping for better winter traction. I also considered Hankook ATM, Duratrac, General Grabber and Toyo ATII. I choose the coopers because they have the mountain snowflake winter rating and looking at the siping they are obviously built with winter roads in mind. I choose them over the Duratrac because I thought they would be quieter.

As far as tire size, I went with the 255/70R17. Slightly narrower than my stock tire and 3/4 an inch taller. If you are putting on a lift, I would really consider looking into a 255/75R17. This is a great sized tall and skinny tire. It will be about a 1/2" taller than the 265 you are looking at and about a 1/2" narrower. Thats about 1 1/2" taller than stock. Because its narrower it will likely fit better. Its the stock tire on the Jeep JK Rubicon. If you look around you can often find sales on the BFG MT in this size at ridiculously low prices. A couple months ago Quadratech had them on sale for around $100. Thats for a load range C. That is not the norm, but it does happen every so often. There are also Jeep take offs all over the place too as the Jeepers move up to 35" tires.

If I didn't have the Jeep and this was my only offroad vehicle, I would run the Duratrac in a 255/75R17 and never look back. Your needs might be different but I would seriously look into this size. I think you will be glad you did.

Edit: Right now tirerack has the BFG MT in that 255/75R17 size available for $134. Thats a great price on a great tire.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
thanks for the tire info. I was looking at the Pro Comp Xtreme AT but the site that had them for a good price went out of stock. I will take a look around at the 255/75/17 sizes. Didn't even think of that size for some reason.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Finally squeezed the trigger on some tires. I went with the Bfg mud terrain km in the 255/75/17. I shouldn't a lift and I am gaining nearly an inch of tire. So should be in shortly and will post pictures.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
mounted and couldn't be happier. all in all gained about an inch of clearance. my frame is basically 11" from the ground! The lowest suspension part is 9.5/9.75" from the ground. Not to bad if I say so my self. Now time for the 2" lift. The tightest spot is on the front wheel well liner but I still have 1/4-1/2 of an inch so no worries.

22009213218_bcbcf14d31_b.jpg

back
22009218228_8f4f741a1d_b.jpg

front
22196979035_e0bacbbacd_b.jpg

docwatson

Adventurer
Those tires really seem to change the aura of the Pathfinder. Good call.

Which lift are you planning on going with?

Fargo

Adventurer
That looks great. Any rubbing? I wouldn't expect there to be any issues with this tire. It looks as good on the Pathfinder as I thought it would. Nice choice.

Ohh can you post a front end picture.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
no rubbing at all, not sure what you meant by front so here is the wheel well and the outside front.

21600264383_5d7b1736d9_b.jpg

21600264863_a031ac1d24_b.jpg

this is the tightest spot about 1/4" \/\/
21575954463_1b348558c1_b.jpg

22207295991_92a9678f20_b.jpg

21575959803_674098785f_c.jpg

Fargo

Adventurer
Thanks, that 3/4 view is what I was looking for. I'm glad you also included the wheel well shots though. Looks like a good fit. Your pathfinder is going to look incredible if you put that 2 inch lift on. I think its going to perform great as well. I think you have a great expedition setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal