Nissan Revisions for 2011 Announced

mcm4090

Explorer
2011 Nissan Frontier
The Nissan Frontier, a no-compromise pickup forged with premium hardware, extraordinary power and off-road athleticism, continues to be a leader in the mid-size truck segment. Updated in 2009 with a new front fascia, grille and headlight design and available wheel designs, the changes for 2011 focus on revised model and option availability. For example, the previous Frontier SE model is now designated Frontier SV.

Frontier continues to offer an exceptional level of on- and off-road performance with the use of a 4.0-liter DOHC V6 engine with horsepower, torque, towing and payload specifications that are second-to-none in the mid-size truck class. A 152-horsepower 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder engine is also available (King Cab only). With its strong performance, combined with good fuel mileage (17 city, 21 highway, King Cab 2WD), the Frontier is a fitting truck for work or play.

Frontier is offered in both King Cab and Crew Cab body styles and in 4x2 and 4x4 driveline configurations, along with four trim grades: Frontier S, SV, PRO-4X and SL (Crew Cab only).

The 2011 Nissan Frontier V6 is scheduled to go on sale in September 2010, followed by Frontier 4-cylinder models one month later.

Revisions for 2011 include:

Frontier LE King Cab and SV Crew Cab LWB 6MT models no longer available
Frontier S Crew Cab SWB and PRO-4X Crew Cab SWB 6MT models added
Revised option package availability and content, including new SV Premium Utility Package and PRO-4X Luxury Package
Vehicle immobilizer and bed rail caps standard on Frontier SV, PRO-4X and SL models
Upgraded Frontier SV-I4 seat fabric (same as Frontier SV V6)
Navy Blue exterior color available on Frontier SV models
LATCH anchors added to King Cab rear seats
Top Tether Child Restraint added to King Cab driver’s side rear seat

2011 Nissan Xterra
For the 2011 model year, the adventure-ready Nissan Xterra offers a simplified model lineup. The previous Off-Road model has been renamed Xterra PRO-4X and the Xterra SE model is no longer available – leaving three 2011 Xterra models: Xterra X, Xterra S and Xterra PRO-4X. The X and S models are available in 4x2 or part-time 4-wheel drive. PRO-4X has standard part-time 4-wheel drive. The S and PRO-4X models have a choice of 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic transmissions.

All 2011 Xterras feature Nissan’s advanced 4.0-liter DOHC V6 engine, rated at 261 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque, along with a rugged “F-Alpha” truck platform for adventure-ready performance.

Xterra again features a distinct “multi-flex” interior with an abundance of useable space, storage and convenience features – including an available Easy Clean cargo area, a tie-down channel system, 10 cargo hooks and an available built-in first-aid kit.

While maintaining its “authentic” tough gear positioning, the 2011 Xterra also offers a range of advanced technologies, including Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and an 8-speaker Rockford Fosgate audio system with subwoofer.

One option package is available for 2011: the PRO-4X Leather Package.

The 2011 Xterra is scheduled to go on sale in September 2010.

Xterra PRO-4X model replaces previous Off-Road grade
Xterra S 4x4 6MT model added
Previous Xterra SE model is no longer available
Body side moldings added to Xterra S model
Two new exterior colors: Lava Red and Metallic Green

2011 Nissan Titan
Following a number of enhancements for 2010, the Nissan Titan full-size pickup enters the 2011 with just a few refinements to the optional equipment package content. In addition, the previous Titan SE model has been replaced with the Titan SV.

The 2011 Titan is offered in King Cab and Crew Cab body styles with a choice of 4x4 and 4x2 drive configurations, along with two wheelbases (138.9 inches and 159.5 inches) and three bed lengths. Titan is once again available in four well-equipped models – S, SV, PRO-4X and SL. Titan is also available as a Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) designed to run on E85 Ethanol.

Titan continues as a rugged, reliable, spirited choice for active truck buyers seeking style, innovation and excellent value. It is built on Nissan’s rugged F-Alpha pickup platform, featuring a powerful 5.6-liter DOHC Endurance V8 rated at 317 horsepower and 385 lb-ft torque.

Titan features a standard 5-speed automatic transmission and a maximum towing capacity of up to 9,500 pounds for King Cab and 9,400 pounds for Crew Cab (when properly equipped).

The 2011 Nissan Titan is scheduled to go on sale in August 2010.

“4x4” tailgate badge added to Titan S, SV and SL 4x4 models
Captain’s Chairs now standard on Titan SL
Previous PRO-4X/LE Technology and Entertainment package content into PRO-4X/SL Technology Package (Crew Cab), with moonroof, navigation, flip-down 8-inch LCD display and DVD player with remote, auxiliary input and wireless headsets

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Nothing on the Patrol....

The new (and not so great) Patrol model is due to be coming out in the USA....perhaps rebadged. Not sure if it is 2011 or 2012.

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Now the X has leather? It's not surprising, but they seem to be moving even further away from their "everything you need, nothing you don't" roots.

Does it still keep the same locker and other upgrade options? Or should I take my own lazy *** to the intratubes and start searching myself?

mcm4090

Explorer
Everything else would stall the same compared to the previous year. I surprised to took them 5 years to a manual transmission to the PRO-4x Frontier.

What level of trim was the Xterra SE model?

Strizzo

Explorer
Everything else would stall the same compared to the previous year. I surprised to took them 5 years to a manual transmission to the PRO-4x Frontier.

SE was the top of the line luxury trim. for 09-10, it and the off road package were basically the same other than the off road specific stuff like the locker, roof lights and skids

RonapRhys

Adventurer

What's odd is that their site doesn't seem to have the 2011 specs up yet, so I'm having a difficult time actually finding anything specific on them.

winkosmosis

Explorer
Now the X has leather? It's not surprising, but they seem to be moving even further away from their "everything you need, nothing you don't" roots.

Does it still keep the same locker and other upgrade options? Or should I take my own lazy *** to the intratubes and start searching myself?

Try wiping mud off cloth. Leather makes sense.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
And don't forget Nissan has a new full size van coming out that is based somewhat on the Titan or not depending on where you read.
Either way they really should look at making it a 4wd option as folks are happy to pay companies major bucks to companies that convert Fords to 4wd.

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Try wiping mud off cloth. Leather makes sense.

Very familiar with that - but what would make even more sense are cloth seat covers that are removable and washable. Leather tends to imply that the seats are more luxurious and won't actually end up with mud on them. While this does end up being the case with many Xterras and it's exactly what I expect out of the lifecycle of an automobile, to me it signifies further deviation from the original mission.

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Knowing the numbers of us on here vs the number of Xterras I see here in Columbus, I'm guessing it's soccer moms. Dammitalltohell, but they've got a huge voice everywhere.

Hootowl

Observer
Very familiar with that - but what would make even more sense are cloth seat covers that are removable and washable. Leather tends to imply that the seats are more luxurious and won't actually end up with mud on them. While this does end up being the case with many Xterras and it's exactly what I expect out of the lifecycle of an automobile, to me it signifies further deviation from the original mission.

I had the leather package on my 01 Frontier SC/CC and now have the cloth interior on my 05 Xterra Offroad as leather wasn't an available option in the 05 Xterra Offroad. Besides the 01 Frontier's seats being a heck of a lot more comfortable than the Xterra's, the leather was way less hastle to keep clean. Just a quick wipe with a cloth plus leather cleaner and you're done. The cloth seats eventually get so much embedded dirt and dust that the only way to clean them is a steam clean. 10 bucks for bottle of premo leather cleaner or 75 bucks for a steam clean. hmmmm....

Last edited:

RonapRhys

Adventurer
I have to be honest - I'm not one of those who's out getting dusty/muddy every weekend, so that's out of the way. I've had leather and cloth seats. I certainly like the feel of leather, don't get me wrong - but cloth seats have their advantages, too - especially in the summer. In terms of overall usefulness I'd say either the removable covers or vinyl might be best.

mayoibushi

Observer
Seems the leather wont have the fold flat front seat so I might get leather seat covers that look legit since I want the fold flat and I smoke so cloth is a no no for my 2nd X

I have to be honest - I'm not one of those who's out getting dusty/muddy every weekend, so that's out of the way. I've had leather and cloth seats. I certainly like the feel of leather, don't get me wrong - but cloth seats have their advantages, too - especially in the summer. In terms of overall usefulness I'd say either the removable covers or vinyl might be best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater