NJStar Explore owners

Runmorun

I wanted to start a thread for owners like myself to post pics and helpful information about our trailers.

We love our rig and we have really enjoyed our trips so far. We have a big mutlti state trip planned for July through the pacific northwest so we are excited to get some long stretches in the camper.

I am hoping more buyers find this thread and join in with their experiences 😀

Runmorun

Had to use my warranty this week. Had a crack in a hose from the diesel tank to the fuel pump and a strap that was worn as well. I also needed a new attachment bracket for the handbrake to install a D035 hitch. All parts were confirmed with photos and will be here by Friday. No issues with service at all.

Runmorun

Getting ready for our 2 week adventure. Hitting Northern Washington and Oregon before heading back to Nor Cal. Will post pics of our adventure and results of the trailers performance, good and bad if any.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Had to use my warranty this week. Had a crack in a hose from the diesel tank to the fuel pump and a strap that was worn as well. I also needed a new attachment bracket for the handbrake to install a D035 hitch. All parts were confirmed with photos and will be here by Friday. No issues with service at all.

That's awesome they are taking care of you. Couple of questions and pardon my ignorance. Lots of folks seem to be fans of diesel heaters. I have always been turned off by the thought of needing to carry diesel. Did the diesel leak into your camper? Also the emergency brake cables seem sloppy and hang low. Do you really think they are nessassary?

Runmorun

That's awesome they are taking care of you. Couple of questions and pardon my ignorance. Lots of folks seem to be fans of diesel heaters. I have always been turned off by the thought of needing to carry diesel. Did the diesel leak into your camper? Also the emergency brake cables seem sloppy and hang low. Do you really think they are nessassary?

No leaks in the camper, it was where the supply line connected to the pump. Just a slight drip but wanted to fix it before we leave. The diesel heater uses very little fuel. We spent 3 days at full blast 75% of the time and never ran out. Only need an extra 2 gallon can for the heater to be out for a week. We also have a dual fuel generator if I don't want to haul gasoline as well.

My brake lines are up tight from the front to the brakes. I like the parking brake, we use it when the trailer is parked at the site and in the driveway.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Thanks for info on diesel heater. I have a duel wheeled tounge jack and small chalks that are connected by rope that I can place in front and behind of wheels very quickly. Does that hand brake lock the brakes enough to keep forward pressure off the tounge hitch for easy un hooking from tow vehicle? If so that would be a reason to have one.

Runmorun

Thanks for info on diesel heater. I have a duel wheeled tounge jack and small chalks that are connected by rope that I can place in front and behind of wheels very quickly. Does that hand brake lock the brakes enough to keep forward pressure off the tounge hitch for easy un hooking from tow vehicle? If so that would be a reason to have one.

Yes it does take the pressure off. I use the handbrake and chalks along with a jockey wheel platform to get it locked in when setting up and parking i matter the surface. Then I level with the ground supports on the rear. The suspension keeps it very level side to side.

Runmorun

Nights 3-7 here in Gifford Washington. Parked overlooking the Columbia River just a 2 minute bike ride down the road to the beach.

AC has been a life saver with 100-105 temps until sundown. Freezer took a bad turn on day 7, new one is already on the way from the manufacturer. Had an issues with the water system, likely a lose connection so we are not using it for the rest of the trip.

Location is up a steep dirt and rock track, unpaved or maintained. Could barely feel the trailer as we climbed to the spot with the Atlas. Would recommend the Atlas for a tow vehicle, but not for anything more than a moderate level trail due to ground clearance.

Attachments

• 20240710_204108.jpg
    20240710_204108.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240710_204059.jpg
    20240710_204059.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240712_105354.jpg
    20240712_105354.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Runmorun

Back to Umatilla for night 7. Great spot next to the marina. Other than the water leak and freezer issues the trailer is working out perfect. It has become our little sanctuary on the road with AC and all the comforts we enjoy 😀1000001902.jpg1000001905.jpg1000001907.jpg

Last edited:

Runmorun

Final night in Brookings Oregon. Spot on the water and on to home tomorrow. Average of 16mpg this leg. No new issues with the trailer, which my wife has dubbed our "Doom Buggy", it has served us well. Will update total mileage driven and final thoughts when we return.1000001934.jpg1000001936.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl