NOOB with a Trailblazer...

Dizzlenator

Hey folks. I'm a NOOB. Migrated over from www.offroadtb.com. Saw some postings about this site from TheRoadie and a few other members there. Anyhow, wanted to introduce myself, and throw down some build pics, etc.

2004 Chev Trailblazer LT
4.2L I-6 4x4 (no G-80 yet)

Suspension Modifications: SMAXX 2.5" front spacer kit; SMAXX 2" rear spacer; Rear Z71 suspension (courtesy of an 09 Avalanche); Bilstein HD front shocks; 255/75/17 BFG Mud Terrains; Stock rims painted dark gray

Exterior Modifications: Westin Grille Guard w/ 2 ******** Cepek 135W 5" lights; Roof light bar w/ 4 ******** Cepek 135W 5" lights; Black Widow roof basket; De-trimmed, stock badging removed; Custom Trailblazer badging on the side, Chevy on the rear; 08 Tahoe Z71 badges; Custom CB Mount and 4' Firestick Antenna; 55W Hella's on basket facing rear, 2 35W Baja lights facing rear corners,

Engine Modifications: Flowmaster 70 Series Muffler; Removed Resonator; 3" tip; AirRaid CAI, Intake Resonator Removed;

Interior Modifications: Painted Minor Interior parts to match exterior color; custom switch mount plate

Recovery Equipment:20K lb strap; High lift jack

Electrical Modifications: Pioneer 6 1/2" 2 way speakers in all 4 doors, 15" Dayton sub, 600 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, 2 Pioneer 100W tweeters in A-pillars, CB

So, started with a bone stock 2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT, 4.2L 4x4.
Trailblazer-1.jpg

Trailblazer2-1.jpg

First mods were 15% tint, Westin bull bar with Hella 550's, and roof rack light bar.
100_4234.jpg

Then I removed the stock trim and badging. Added my own "custom" badging with letters I found on EBAY. I painted them gray originally, to match the trim and bowties. They came out good, but the paint started chipping almost immediately. So I scraped them back to chrome, and left them. You can see it in later pics.

Next step (even though it took me 2 weeks to get it all together) was my lift. SMAXX 2.5" front with Bilstein HD shocks, 2" rear with Tahoe Z71 rear springs and shocks, 1.5" wheel spacers and 255/75/17 BFG Mud Terrains...
100_4302.jpg

100_4310.jpg

No more running boards, added a cheap-o roof basket and removed the bull bar and added a Westin grill guard. Pics are from TECORE I in April 2009, my first real offroad venture with my TB.
100_4370.jpg

100_4426.jpg

My truck with JamesDowning's at the Sheets station after TECORE I
100_4490.jpg

Painted wheels gray, added new sticker, VHT on tail lights, Flowmaster 70 series and 3" tip.
100_4837.jpg

100_4845.jpg

Dizzlenator

Latest mods were just before TECORE II (Sept 09). Removed cheap-o basket, and got a Rage Performance basket, their Black Widow model. 39"x42" and 4.5" deep. Mounted my Hella's from the grill to the basket, facing behind me. Took 2 of the Baja lights and mounted them behind my light bar, facing the rear corners. Purchased 6 ******** Cepek 135W offroad lights off of EBAY, and mounted 2 in the grille and 4 where my cheap Baja lights were. Pics from

100_5002.jpg

100_5004.jpg

100_5003.jpg

Here are a few pics from TECORE II that I loved....
100_5024.jpg

100_5030.jpg

100_5056.jpg

100_5151.jpg

100_5126.jpg

100_5129.jpg

MUCH more to come! Soon I plan on a rear spare tire carrier, rear cargo storage area w/ subwoofer box, 20" extension on roof basket, rock sliders, new CB, mount, and switch panel and eventually, a steel custom front bumper, and rear bumper guard, and a few other miscellaneous things. I know there are lots more mods that I want to do, but I can't think of them all right now.

Dizzlenator

Nice TB there! Welcome aboard, always nice to see more GM owners showing up.

Thanks. I've seen some pics of your ride on one of my other sites from when you and JamesDowning went wheeling together. LOVE the Tahoe!! Glad to be here. Already finding more and more ways to blow my money...

easy610

Observer
Wow...I gotta say. That is a pretty good lookin TB.

I had a TBSS for awhile and loved it but wanted a more off road-y vehicle. Yours seems to have solved many of the issues I had with the TB.

Well done...

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
i like, mostly because its different, thats my problem, i like to be different but then there never seems to be a good aftermarket, but over all it looks real good

boellis87

Observer
I'm impressed with what you guys have done with the trailblazers. I've always liked them pretty well, but they appeal to me a lot more when I see them done like yours and Downing's. The thing that hit me the most from your pics is how much better it looked without the little door trim strip. Sounds dumb when that was one of your smallest mods, but it's true. It somehow made it look like a more rugged vehicle to me. Anyway, nice job.

Dizzlenator

Thanks for the kind words gents. I love having a truck that makes people turn their head twice. They see if at first from a distance and assume it's a Jeep of some sort (had 3 people ask me if it was the new Cherokee in disguise...uhhhh, NO) then as I go by they seem to crane their neck because they haven't seen one offroad ready. Soccer moms that drive stock ones seem to look too, which makes me smile, because some of them are HAWT! lol

The door trim was one of my favorite mods. Like you said, very minor, but made the truck look a little more rugged, I agree. It wasn't as bad with the color matched trim on the LT package. The LS (some of them) have black or dark gray plastic trim, and it just looks wierd. I also love having a Flowmaster 70 under it because it surprises people that the burble they hear when the light turns green is a TB...

Dizzlenator

Yea Phil!! Glad you are over here too!! I am excited about this site. Seen a LOT of new stuff that is REALLY interesting. Makes me want to get a different truck to start a complete build...lol

Philberto

Observer
I don't know if I would say that... it just makes me want to do crazier things to my Trailblazer... especially because I think I figured out a way to do a CA legal diesel swap in the truck, once I get around to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk