Northern Ontario to Inuvik solo ride on now!

zzz150

Adventurer
spent a night in the rogers pass area and did a hike up avalanche crest trail, was really a nice trail with some good elevation;

Attachments

• exp223.jpg
    exp223.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 20
  • exp224.jpg
    exp224.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 20
  • exp225.jpg
    exp225.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 20
  • exp226.jpg
    exp226.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 20
  • exp227.jpg
    exp227.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 23

zzz150

Adventurer
after the hike i got into the truck around 3:30 and started driving, got 2 medium pizzas and drove until 4:00 or so, made it to just past regina, slept a little off the hwy on the edge of a field, long day. was on the road again by 10:30 and drove another 1100+ km, worked on the pizzas more, pulled into the lookout above thunder bay for the night. the speed limit was down from 110 through bc, ab, sk to 100 in mb then 90 in ontario. spent my last night on the road at the same place i spent my 1st night.

Attachments

• exp231.jpg
    exp231.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 19

FriendlyManitoban

Great pictures. Looks and sounds like it has been an amazing adventure. - Maybe we will meet when you next pass through Winnipeg. Cheers and keep the pics coming!

zzz150

Adventurer
hey friendly manitoban, i was on the move making miles and knew i wasn't going to stop based on timing and locations, otherwise would have gotten in contact!

zzz150

Adventurer
the total km's for this trip were just over 20000km! my brand new truck is very broken in now. overall i was very happy with the fat ford other than feeling like i shouldn't scratch the hell out of the paint with it being so new. this kept me from exploring some areas i would have liked too. gas mileage avg for the trip according to the truck was 15 litres per 100km, not bad but not great. if i just stayed on hwys it would probably have been lower but soon as this truck is off the pavement the mileage goes down to ranges 3-4 times that..

Last edited:

Arktikos

Explorer
on the inside passage ferry from prince rupert to port hardy. you had better really really like long boring boat rides if you spend the $650 it cost me to take this ferry. would i do it again? no. i even felt sea sick at the end when on the exposed ocean before port hardy.. lol i guess, it got real good after getting to the island....

15 hours, according to Trip Adviser. Thanks for the report. Inside passage north is more scenic and a better value.

zzz150

Adventurer
15 hours, according to Trip Adviser. Thanks for the report. Inside passage north is more scenic and a better value.

got on the boat at approx 6am and didn't get off until approx 11:15pm. not sure what route you are referring to. if i were to do it again i would get on at bella coola for that route to the island.

Last edited:

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Hey sorry I missed you a second time, things slowed down at work so I took the opportunity to head up north and do a bit of fishing in the cold and snow. Looks like you had a grand time! Planning on posting any more pics or perhaps a mapping of your route?

zzz150

Adventurer
no worries bushcoat! wish i'd gotten in contact sooner and been able to hook up for some fishing north of you. i am hating being indoors since being back to reality..

google maps is not in agreement with my route drawing, it insists on adding a route between prince george and kamloops on hwy 97 in bc which i did not take. not that i would mind driving that area!

of course there were endless detours onto various types of bush roads, no body damage(dents), a few under body scratches and dings, and a healthy amount of scratches to the paint!

Attachments

• route quick overview.jpg
    route quick overview.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Apdl

Observer
You are a brave man! This trip is a total fanticy for me, super envious.

Maybe I missed it but I want to know more about the man behind the adventure. What do/did you do for a living? What inspired this trip? Whats your family think?

zzz150

Adventurer
I may eventually post up a completed expedition thread, until then if there are specific questions about travel throughout northern canada and some of the back country areas i went through post them up. I have gps coordinates for most places i camped along the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater