OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

Josh00333

Ok home and initial impressions.

Only a 15 mile drive home, 10 freeway. Tracked fine at 65, got passed by a simi while I was passing a Class A (4 lane), no white knuckle craziness. Trailer 100% empty, no water in it ect, new off the lot.

Ok the keys, OMG seriously there are how many?!?! LOL I'll have to figure something out it's like 10 keys! :ROFLMAO:

Towed really well, got 13 mpg on the way home, again just 15 miles and flat but way better than my normal 8.

My last trailer was a cargo camper toy hauler, it was 6100 with all my camping stuff in it, no water no food, tandem axle. Was heavy, really heavy. I rested on the sumo springs when hooked up to it. I had 1" at least free space with the OBI hooked up.

Storage is good in this trailer, my generator fits in the front bin (sweet smell of propane exhaust for your morning coffee), blocks, tent pegs ect all that goes in the front. Power cables all on the top driver side slide. All the water hoses sewer connections etc in the lower. My food bins I use for plates, etc and coffee pot all fit perfect in the front kitchen spot. I changed up the straps on the refer.

Bout all I got done, wish I could camp this weekend but have to work.

McHitch is cool, neat to hook up, def easier than a ball mount. Do have to get the weight off the pin to unhook.

Super impressed with this little thing.

Re: McHitch lock or ???

Guys does anybody know what this lock is used for ? (See pics)

Attachments

• IMG_5044.jpeg
    IMG_5044.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5045.jpeg
    IMG_5045.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5043.jpeg
    IMG_5043.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

Kansas7

Re: Brackets ?

Anybody know what these brackets are used for ? (See pics)
The lock is for the McHitch. I’ve not used mine I think it goes on the cross pin end. The brackets are for the awning if you want to pin the legs back to the wall of your camper. The white tubes if you have any are for draining the ac condensation. Go through and check water connections and bolts inside. Have fun a great camper

marmotguy

Does anyone have any solutions for how to mount a bike to a Dweller. Ideally something mounted on the tongue as long as it didn't interfere with sharp turns. The other alternative is something that mounts to the rear spare tire, but that might be awkward when having to lower the spare when extending the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven